Screen mirroring

BobRankin1030

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help please. I have recently bought a JVC LT-39C790 TV and would like to know if it supports screen mirroring. The manual says that you can cast YouTube from your phone to the TV but the TV already had a YouTube button on the remote!
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Does your user manual mention screen mirroring.
Obviously you won't need to cast YouTube if the app is built in.

Might want to pair your phone to your TV from the YouTube app on your phone.

Might want to pair your phone to your TV from the YouTube app on your phone.
Hi Ganon
I did that and it works well from the phone and finds the TV but I suspect that is because the link for YouTube is already there. What I was hoping for was my phone or my tablet would 'find' the TV through my network so I could literally mirror the screen.

Is there a cast setting on your device?

May not exactly be definitive but according to this comparison the JVC doesn't support screen mirroring

I think Bob that it may be useful to explain what it is you are trying to do and why. What phone are you are trying to 'mirror'. There may be other alternatives.

I think Bob that it may be useful to explain what it is you are trying to do and why. What phone are you are trying to 'mirror'. There may be other alternatives.
I have a phone and a tablet, both Android. I wanted to be able to either cast a file e.g. a video to the TV and, mirror the screen to the TV e.g. I use a meeting app called House Party and it's ok on the tablet but it would be great to show it on the TV as well. Thanks

Bob, you were asked what phone?
Maybe give the brand and model of your phone and tablet.

If both tablet and phone are android. So is a Firestick. Houseparty isn't an officially supported app but it can be side loaded and mirroring is supported from the outset. May be the simplest of solutions.

If you can get the app running on a Firestick what about the mic and camera?

If you're aim is to use the phone for the camera and mic but have it displaying on the TV then it's worth mentioning mirroring a screen using a Firestick is somewhat hit and miss in my experience, a Chromecast might be a better choice.

I am also having an issue with screen mirror on the same tv, when I select the screen mirror button on my phone it is not showing my JVC TV as an option but it is showing other TVs nearby. Any ideas how to resolve this ?

Stevie. As per the replies above yours, your TV doesn't support it. You will need an external device.

Oh well that was a few hours wasted trying to get it to work lol would a Chrome cast be the best option ? I also seen that a firestick was mentioned can that be used for screen mirroring I have never tried it ?

Oh well that was a few hours wasted trying to get it to work lol would a Chrome cast be the best option ? I also seen that a firestick was mentioned can that be used for screen mirroring I have never tried it ?
Haven't tried that either as yet. On the plus side, I've discovered that my Samsung dvd recorder/player does support screen mirroring so I'm using that option at the moment

Ok might have to look into a Chrome cast it's only for playing live darts so its handy to be able to view it on a big screen lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom