Screen Mirroring (or rather lack of it) on a 50PUS7555

Redtreble

Novice Member
This is driving me mad. Bought this TV (a 50PUS7555) for my parents as a Christmas Present. I want to cast from my Android Phone using Google Home, but no matter what I do, Google Home doesn't see the TV in the list of things it can cast to. The TV has screen mirroring built in so no idea what the problem is. Have tried everything but just no joy. I don't want to resort to buying a Chromecast device when the TV should be able to support it itself.

Any ideas folks? TIA.

JonStatt

Is this in the UK with a BT router? If the phone is on 2.4Ghz WiFi and the TV on 5GHz , they won't see each other.

Redtreble

Novice Member
Is this in the UK with a BT router? If the phone is on 2.4Ghz WiFi and the TV on 5GHz , they won't see each other.
UK, yes. Sky router which I believe works on 2.4Ghz but have no idea what frequency the TV WiFi is using. Surely if everything's on the same WiFi network, they should see each other?

JonStatt

UK, yes. Sky router which I believe works on 2.4Ghz but have no idea what frequency the TV WiFi is using. Surely if everything's on the same WiFi network, they should see each other?
Yes but the BT router has a bug that stops things seeing each other across frequency bands. Sky should be OK

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom