Screen material

Z

Zig

Opinions on the choice of either MDF sprayed with icestorm or blackout cloth sought please. I have read up on both but if anyone who has seen/used both could let me know the prefered choice for LCD it would be helpfull.
Thanks

Hi Zig,

I was going to use the blackout cloth / paint idea, but decided to go here............ Dazian

And ended up buying 2 yards of the 122" Coated Celtic Cloth for projection purposes. Still waiting for delivery !!

I find this is easier, and hopefully should be better than the blackout cloth / paint idea ??

When the fabric gets delivered, i'm still not sure what to do with it yet. I might make a DIY roller screen or i might mount it onto plyboard or MDF ??

I hope this helps ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

i bought the blackout fabric from a local fabric store for $12 dollars(im american) for 2 yards my screen is only 6 feet long. Built the frame, put support beams in between it, and then strecthed the canvas over it. I think all together it cost me $50 and about an hour to complete. And the picture looks great.

I've used 8' x 4' x half inch MDF painted in Flat white house paint with a touch of grey in it, looks fab with LCD projector.
She weighs a bit though !

I think I will give the icestorm no.6 painted mdf a try and maybe upgrade to proper screen material later. Thanks for the replys

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom