screen mark .dll not found

usefull

Standard Member
hi can anyone help when pc has finish loading have error the dynamic link library 'screen mark up.dll was not found can anyone help :lease: using xp

Last edited:

spyder viewer

By loading do you mean loading the operating system during a routine switch on or are you loading a specific piece of software?

usefull

Standard Member
hi spyder viewer
yes loading the operating system as a routine switch on i have tried going to system restore and it temporary removes this but it later on comes back

spyder viewer

From the name it sounds like some sort of screen grabbing software that is trying to load at startup. It maybe part of some software you've installed or of malware that you didn't mean to.

To identify what it might be by looking in Start/Run/msconfig/startup.

Is there anything in the list you don't remember installing? If yes, disable it, if no try disabling half the entries to see if you can home in on what's causing the problem.

In case it's malware, be off-line when you do this.

usefull

Standard Member
spyder viewer thanks are in order thankyou so much really appreciate :thumbsup: checked using msconfig and there was something in start up sequence causing problem thankyou so much once again

spyder viewer

Glad to be of help. Here's a really useful utility that I have had on XP systems for years: there are probably others and Vista and W7 have it built in.

Mike Lin's Home Page

It monitors your Startup file for changes. If any piece of software tries to change it, it pops up and asks you to confirm the change. Most times not necessary but additional security in case of malware.

While you are on MLin's website here's another which is very useful for organising your Startup folder.

Mike Lin's Home Page

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom