Screen Jolting/Frame Loss Plasma TV's

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Aussiedude, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Aussiedude

Aussiedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gday......

I have an issue with an LG plasma (my second one now, the first got returned DOA) where the screen seems to lose 1 frame every 30 to 60 seconds. It is more noticeable when the camera is panning, or when watching something with action.

It occurs when watching analogue as well as digital tv. It is actually worse when watching analogue. It also occurs when inputting Foxtel (Paytv) via an AV port and even occurs when inputting a DVD via the component port.

LG suggested that I turn of the booster for the antenna, which made no difference.

I have the 42px5D LG model. Apart from the screen jolting, it is an awesome television.

Is this screen jolting, frame skipping normal on all plasma's? Has anyone else experienced it?

Kind regards

Aussiedude

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Hi mate, saw this in your DOA thread. It's not normal, you have a duff one. I'm pretty sure it's not normal on LG plasmas, even though I'm not their biggest fan. I can't see how turning off the booster could possibly help. Dunno who LG have in tech support, I guess it's not unusual to have purveyors of farmyard smells to fob off the customers. Some folks would just put up with that, so I should think it saves money.

3. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    This is a long shot, but its not the orbital function to stop screen burn is it? that would make the screen jolt every 2 minutes. Never know

Spoony.

4. Aussiedude

Aussiedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gday Spoony,

Thank you for your reply and your suggestions.

The orbiter function is turned off....it is set to normal mode. I thought that it might have been this as well, but unfortunately this is not the case.

I have a replacement unit coming tomorrow which I hope will solve the issue. I am keen to get the unit mounted on the wall....

Thanks for your suggestion....will let you know how I go.

Kind regards

Aussiedude