Screen Issue with Panasonic LCD TV

Kel280green

Hi,
I went to look at a Panasonic TX-55FX750B today, with a view to buy it for a second TV. It had been stored by the owner when he purchased an oled and it was in full working order prior to storage.
When switched on earlier today, there is a white band on the right hand side of the screen. There are also feint blackish lines along the whole length. The seller was mortified and said that the TV had suffered no damage. There isn't any sign of damage anywhere on the TV, however, if you enlarge the photo and look at the very bottom, the white section seems to be misshapen?
I am attaching a photograph and just wonder if any member has seen this before and more importantly, if it is repairable.
Any help and/or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you. IMG_0153.JPG

chancooluk

The LCD panel is damaged in the bottom right corner. Likely from either being dropped, knocked, or by being held too tightly by hand on that part of the screen.

LCD panels are very fragile, and any excessive pressure can cause the panel to break.

It's not repairable cheaply, as it will need a whole new panel.

Kel280green

Thanks for the reply. I also think it has suffered some damage that the owner isn’t aware of. This particular model has the glass back and is probably easily damaged. It’s a shame, but any repair cost is likely to be much more than the TV’s worth.
I appreciate your input.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom