screen help needed

carlymart

i have just got a toshiba et1 projector and i am vewing it on a 125cm wide tripod screen (not the best quality one in the world) and have told the wife i need a new screen after ducking the pots and pans we decided on a ceiling mounted screen around 180cm wide however i have been speaking to a few people and have been offered a owl screen at a good price and a draper and another brand that i cannot remember
The draper and the other brand are around the £250 mark and the owl would be a good buy
my question is the owl much better and would i see the differance
or should i just go for the £75 for the jessops tripod stand

carlymart

ok no takers
i have looked at the cheep tripod screen and will not be buying it
however the owl is still in the picture
#
as it is very heavy what is the best way to attach it to the ceiling
i live in a moden house and the spars run at 90 degrees to were the screen will go
what is best

fortean

I have an Owl Othello 8' screen fixed to the ceiling. It is fixed to the plasterboard only, using 4 expanding type bolts from B&Q. The bolt is an M6 and with each bolt there is and expanding collar. You drill a 10mm hole in the ceiling and push the collar in to place; it sits flush with the surface. The bolt is then passed through the Owl mounting bracket and screwed in to the collar. Once the bolt head is tight against the mounting bracket the collar starts to expand behind the plasterboard until you have a secure fit.
They are sold in multi-packs and the collar and bolt are silver in colour. If you can put a screw through the plasterboard in to a joist then do so but don't worry if you can't. I should also point out that my screen is electric so there is never any pulling on the screen.

carlymart

fortean said:
I have an Owl Othello 8' screen fixed to the ceiling. It is fixed to the plasterboard only, using 4 expanding type bolts from B&Q. The bolt is an M6 and with each bolt there is and expanding collar. You drill a 10mm hole in the ceiling and push the collar in to place; it sits flush with the surface. The bolt is then passed through the Owl mounting bracket and screwed in to the collar. Once the bolt head is tight against the mounting bracket the collar starts to expand behind the plasterboard until you have a secure fit.
They are sold in multi-packs and the collar and bolt are silver in colour. If you can put a screw through the plasterboard in to a joist then do so but don't worry if you can't. I should also point out that my screen is electric so there is never any pulling on the screen.
thanks for the advise on mounting i was going to use some 100mm wood screws in to the joists but just not sure
thanks again

carlymart

went for the owl screen and fitted it it tonight and i must say very good i know the screen is worth more than the projector but its worth it its just right
and it realy does show how good the projector is for its price :clap:

Trending threads

Top Bottom