Screen help for optoma HD720x 720p

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nirok, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Nirok

Nirok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Optoma HD720x projector, but at the moment I have a large square screen made from a window blind, which is good but i feel its probably not its best, does a proper screen make a big difference?

What is a good 16:9 ratio budget (less than £100) screen that would be good for a 720p projector? Thanks

I would like the screen to be about 200cm wide

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Is it a fixed screen or a pull down screen you want? I dont think you will get a large choice for your budget. I use this http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=322420 with my panny 700 and the picture is spot on. Fixed screens although not as convenient as manual roll up screens tend to have a flatter surface. Although initial tensioning of the fabric onto the frame is tricky, they do look the biz. Heres a picture of it in situ. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1259834726/in/set-72157601722583928/

3. Nirok

Nirok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It needs to be a roll up one really.

Thanks

4. michael.redfern

michael.redfern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I got mine from these guys: -

http://www.cvsmedia.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=57_219_259_253

Plenty of choice in various sizes for your budget. :thumbsup:

I went for a 106" high contrast grey Panoview which was only about £120, though these seem to be discontinued.

The guy who owns the place persuses these boards from time to time, but isn't allowed to advertise his own shop I don't think. However if you have any model specific questions, I think you can post a question here and he will answer. I did, and he did. Hope that helps. :)

5. Nirok

Nirok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow great prices! so ignoring size which screen is best out of white beaded and Greywolf II Glass Beaded? Or is white matt the best? sorry im a noob to all this

6. dowzer

dowzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I am in the same situation (except for a 480p pj).

I have been using a blackout blind for a few months but would like a proper screen and wondered what people make of the Optoma Panoview screens?:

http://www.pcwb.com/action/search-r...02&query=638246///3615,=,OPTOMA&folder=638246

It does say that personal customers can order as well as businesses.

I am thinking of the 92'' Matt White which is £87.99 inc Vat and delivery.

Just not sure if I need Matt White or Glass Beaded etc - why would you go for one over the other?:lease:

7. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Nirok

Sorry to 'butt in' on your thread, but you are one of the first people i've seen on here to own an Optoma HD720x:eek:
    I'm looking at possibly getting one of these, but there appears to be little information regarding it!
    Would you be able to confirm it's specification, & what warranty came with it please????

Would be much appreciated

Oh, & do you think it is any good ? :)

Oh, regards the screen ~ is your blind a blackout screen?, i hear Ikea sell a good one for about £20 if you decide not to go with a proper screen

Cheers
    Delh68

8. Nirok

Nirok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i'm getting my HD720x projector today, so cant say what its like yet. I agree there is little information on it, but apparently its very similar to the HD70 model, which is slightly more expensive. But i will see hopefully in an hour or two!!

I do have a blackout blind 200mmx200mm but as I now have (or will be getting) an HD projector I wanted a better screen, that is built for purpose and a 16:9 version.

So can anyone tell me which is best just a matt white screen? or a white glass beaded or grey wolf beaded? Thanks

9. Nirok

Nirok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Optoma HD720x projector, but at the moment I have a large square screen made from a window blind, which is good but i feel its probably not its best, does a proper screen make a big difference?

What is a good 16:9 ratio budget (about £100-£120) pull down screen that would be good for a 720p projector?

I have seen matt white, white beaded and grey wolf 2 beaded? Which is best. I would like about a 100" size.

I will be mostly using this at night with no ambient lighting

10. Fred Flintstone4

Fred Flintstone4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If you want to see the difference a good screen makes then there was a thread - "Great, cheap electric screen." where somebody told of the difference between an Ikea blackout blind and a Grandview screen.

If you PM me I can give you a price for a Matte White screen which would be ideal for your needs.

11. AV Nik

AV Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Optoma are now offering some bundle deals on the HD720X with Free or Discounted screens.
    If it's free then I would recommend trying one of those first. Then, if you need something different, at least you have a screen to measure performances against.
    Hope this helps.

12. fergal37

fergal37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello
    is the hd720x a good projector? its the cheapest 720p one ive seen, but i cant find any reviews on it. not even a mention on the optoma site! Sorry to be off topic but i see some of you guys have one and due to a tight budget i am looking at this cos its the cheapest, will be using it for movies and xbox360 stuff. Is it an ok pj???

thanks
    Ferg:)