1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Height

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Amelia, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to work out how high I should mount the screen. I have an AE100E and I am going to be sitting about 5.5m away from the screen.

Should the screen be at eye level or higher?

Best Regards
    Amelia

2. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is the PJ going to ceiling or table top mounted - it may be ithe height is governed by how you can locate the PJ - remember keystone correction = BAD!

3. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    According to the experts, the optimal height is such that one third of the screen is below eye level and two thirds above.

But of course, there are other limitations that may force you to choose a different height. If it's too high, you'll have to crane your neck and you'll be uncomfortable.

4. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its funny Richard, I didn't realize how keystone correction worked until I got my first pj a few days ago. Once I saw what was happening I thought NO WAY. Spent a couple of hours testing and calculating exact location of the PJ.

Its going to be mounted on the roof inverted. :confused:

Grubert,

Thanks for the info, the height I have set is going to be OK. I basically tried different heights until I found one that looked OK "third of the screen is below eye" is that luck or what ?

Best Regards
    Amelia