1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen height

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dfield2000, Jan 1, 2004.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Probably being lazy here, but I've done a few searches on 'height' and 'high' and can't find the anwser in this vast sea of home cinema information, so....

Is there a rough guide as to how high you should mount your screen, eg, something like your eye level with the bottom of the screen when sitting down, etc ?

I realise it's down to your personal preference, but is there an accepted 'standard' ?

Cheers

2. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,388
    The FAQ for this forum says something like: "Your eye-level should be 1/3rd up from the bottom of the screen".

So i had my girlfriend sit in the sofa, then i measured from the ground to her eyes. Then i ensured my screen's bottom third sat at about that height. Since then i've raised it a little more, but the bottom edge is still below seated eye height.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,019
    Adding to iZeds input - too high and you will get neck strain after viewing for a while, and I prefer looking down to up, so following the above guidline is a must IMHO. :)

Gary.