• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Screen goes dark during video playback

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Is there a way to stop the screen going dark during video playback on the PS3?

It seems to happen when the controller turns off, but it might coincide with the screen saver time delay.

The only way I can think to stop it is to set the controller to not turn off, but this doesn't seem like a great solution in terms of battery life.

Any ideas?

highbury

Agreed.

It's not happened during dvd/bluray play back for me. But used to happen when watching something on iPlayer - so I turned it off..

I've also got my controllers to turn off after 10mins or so of inactivity so I don't think it's related to that.

Ed the Penguin

It used to happen with me and DivX movies... Thought they fixed it though?

sjw

No, it does still do it - seems to be when the controller goes off (unless I have them both set to the same time). It doesn't do it when starting them using the blu-ray remote though...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom