• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Screen format on FVRT200

Irf

Standard Member
Hi all,

Just connected up my new PVR at the weekend. Seems to be great, apart from the screen size not displaying correctly.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Irf.

ROYOLD

Prominent Member
Use menu to check you have it set on correct aspect you need - either 16:9 or 4:3.

Perhaps it still has the original 0.0.9 software. The new software is 1.1. but it will not be broadcast again until the 8th. August I believe. Latest software update will be broadcast on channel 300 (which is the same station which supplies the epg).

If you still have the original 0.0.9 then some stations will not display correctly. The remedy is to set to 4:3 and use the letterbox mode.

Irf

Standard Member
I went into the menu and set it to 16:9 already.

Presumably I can check in the menu somewhere as to the software version? I'll have a look tonight.

8th August is not that far away. Do I have to leave the unit on overnight on channel 300?

Thanks again....

Irf.

ROYOLD

Prominent Member
Yes - you will have to leave the machine on standby overnight. Or put it on a mains timer switch to be on from 0230 to say 0500. That should give it time for the epg & update which takes place around 0300 on freeview channel 300. The epg is broadcast every night. Updates just when they feel like it, which isn't all that often. There has only ever been one update for the FVRT200 and this will be a repeat broadcast.

The software version is listed on the bottom line of the menu options IIRC.

You don't have to leave it on channel 300. BBC1 will do. It will find channel 300. As you have prob noticed it always reverts to BBC1 when first switched on at the mains.

Irf

Standard Member
Sorry ROYOLD - just to be certain......

When you mean standby, I guess that means "off on the remote" but plugged in and powered on at the mains?

Just wanted to clarify....

Irf.

ROYOLD

Prominent Member
Yes thats correct. Off at the remote with mains connected = Standby condition.

To save power (because the hard drive runs all the time, even in standby), I set my machines on a mains time switch to connect the power for just three hours overnight ONCE weekly just to keep the 14 day epg updated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom