Screen for white but dark room (TW9400)

MasterC

Good to see that the thread is still alive, hehe.

Just a side question on the screens, borderless or not? What are the pros/cons on going borderless and have black bars? I believe that I read somewhere that the black bars helps on the contrast?

// Chris

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
On a treated screen wall covered in black velvet there’s no need for the border because the wall is effectively your border but if you don’t have this treatment then I personally would go with the border because it improves perceived contrast.

panman40

Distinguished Member
On a treated screen wall covered in black velvet there’s no need for the border because the wall is effectively your border but if you don’t have this treatment then I personally would go with the border because it improves perceived contrast.
I’ve got quite a few different samples of material but small bits are difficult to judge. amongst them are Ricky's diverse grey and ALR.
I would really like to try ALR in my room but the wife sits off at a fair angle. When I hold up a sample of ALR against my white screen when playing 3D I’m sure the image looks brighter through the glasses ?. I don’t think I can go with the 0.8 grey as I’m using everything I have from my N5 in low lamp for 3D as it is.

I just feel that screens are the most awkward and annoying part of projection.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I’ve got quite a few different samples of material but small bits are difficult to judge. amongst them are Ricky's diverse grey and ALR.
I would really like to try ALR in my room but the wife sits off at a fair angle. When I hold up a sample of ALR against my white screen when playing 3D I’m sure the image looks brighter through the glasses ?. I don’t think I can go with the 0.8 grey as I’m using everything I have from my N5 in low lamp for 3D as it is.

I just feel that screens are the most awkward and annoying part of projection.
yup.

crap resale value too on them so a poor decision can be costly.

MasterC

Thank you all for the inputs on what and where to go! I decided that I had to stretch the budget and not to cheap out so the choice ended up buying a Draper screen with ReAct 3.0, which I managed to negotiate down to a acceptable price, so now I'm just sitting here and tripping to get it.

And with all this corona-lock down and boredom I actually did paint the wall's with a matt green/blue paint, to enhance the viewing experience.

I'll post a picture of the setup when I finally receive the screen!

//Chris

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Thank you all for the inputs on what and where to go! I decided that I had to stretch the budget and not to cheap out so the choice ended up buying a Draper screen with ReAct 3.0, which I managed to negotiate down to a acceptable price, so now I'm just sitting here and tripping to get it.

And with all this corona-lock down and boredom I actually did paint the wall's with a matt green/blue paint, to enhance the viewing experience.

//Chris

Good screen, it will last you years :smashin:

Trojan

Distinguished Member

//Chris
Can I ask who is still selling draper ReAct screens in the UK?

Ne Su

I was looking for a motorized tension screen. There was so many positive comments on the Diverse Screens. I started to google for an alternate in EU after the Brexit.
I think it is Adeo Screens: Adeo Screen sp. z o.o.
The mechanism seems the same, so the material should be also (Adeo Screen sp. z o.o.). Made in Poland.
Maybe someone knows? Thank you!

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I was looking for a motorized tension screen. There was so many positive comments on the Diverse Screens. I started to google for an alternate in EU after the Brexit.
I think it is Adeo Screens: Adeo Screen sp. z o.o.
The mechanism seems the same, so the material should be also (Adeo Screen sp. z o.o.). Made in Poland.
Maybe someone knows? Thank you!

It’s possible that they make them for Ricky though only he could answer that question for sure. I have the fixed frame version of Diverse Screens and it’s made to measure not a pre-selected size, also it’s frame is 80mm compared to 85mm here so maybe it’s made by them to his spec?

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
When I hold up a sample of ALR against my white screen when playing 3D I’m sure the image looks brighter through the glasses ?.
That is common if the ALR screen retains polarisation. You should also find if the screen looks brighter than a white screen for 3D, that if you turn your 3D glasses through 90 degrees the image will get much darker (maybe unusably so). For these screen types it is extremely important to have the correct polarisation 3D glasses.

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It’s possible that they make them for Ricky though only he could answer that question for sure. I have the fixed frame version of Diverse Screens and it’s made to measure not a pre-selected size, also it’s frame is 80mm compared to 85mm here so maybe it’s made by them to his spec?

Yes, adeo make some of our Diverse Screens to our specification :) .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom