Screen for the Sony VPL HS50

sirsimon501

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I need your guidance.
I’m about to buy a Sony VPL HS50 for my 'Movie/Gaming Hut' in the back yard! It's usually quite dark in the 3mx3m hut so what screen colour should I get?
The reason I ask is that I can get a white projector screen of a friend for £50, but they don't know the make/grain or is it really going to make that much difference?
Thanks

Simon

Last edited:
Get a sheet of MDF and paint it white or grey (do a seach for screen paint info) with a black border. You'll need the room pretty dark for that PJ though (I have one).

Good luck.

Get a sheet of MDF and paint it white or grey (do a seach for screen paint info) with a black border. You'll need the room pretty dark for that PJ though (I have one).

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I assume the black border is to stop the refection of PJ and what type of projector screen do you use?

Simon

Oh , that paint can be expensive Taking into account I will have a relative small throw area. I know I can cut out about 80% of the light.

Simon

Paint is around £13 from B&Q (Grey Steel 3 00NN 72000), the black border will give the image a more defined edge to it. I use a painted wall with my projector.
By all means just use the screen your mates got if the size fits.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom