1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen for data 600

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by edd, Sep 23, 2003.

1. edd

edd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like im buying Retros barco 600.

can anyone recomend a screen? im thinking 5' wide ish. what about cost?

also would like it ceiling mounted, would this be possible with a table mounted projector?

the diy route of black out material seems good, but not for storage, i dont have a dedicated room.

the 600 is a bit of a stop gap for a bit of fun, is it worth ceiling mounting the projector, then at a later date swapping it for a 800 or the like.

any help suggestions much appreciated.

also how much cop would the picture be from a pal prog scan dvd player through a key digital transcoder into the projectors vga input be?

edd

2. Cam

Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi edd,
    I have a genuine Barco manual for a 600 thats yours if you want it.
    LMK
    Cam

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    I'd think the image would be nice with a DVD that way. you'll want the PJ at base of screen so it depends how high your tabl eis and ceiling as to whether it's possible. What about a Draper Luma manual pull down You could put eylets on ceiling then get a chain or something to allow you to hang it off that when in use then take down and put in cupboard or under bed etc when not in use....

Gordon

4. edd

edd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have bought a 5ft wide 1.2 gain fixed screen :)

just need to empty the room, paint it dark blue and put in the cinema gear :)

ive pretty muc decided to use my pc for now instead of a transcoder, as i could build a decent htpc for the price of one :)

picture off the 600 is supriseingly good, way better than the array of sub 2k dlp/lcd projectors, and all for 200 quid, bargin :)

edd