1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen flicks from Full Mode to Zoom mode

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gcambo34, Aug 31, 2005.

1. gcambo34

gcambo34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LG Plasma 42PX12XC Screen flicks from Full Mode to Zoom mode then back to full mode and so on when watching in anolog. I have read the manual as best I could but its going over my head when it comes to the zoom mode. Also should I be getting tiny little flicks of white dots all over the screen.

2. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you in some kind of Auto aspect ratio switching mode, if so you could try changing mode to 16:9.

As for the white dots this is more likely signal quality on analog broadcast, do you get this on sky/freeview or DVD? If it proves to be signal quality a better ariel may help

3. gcambo34

gcambo34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I select NO SIGNAL mode and bring up a black screen this is what we get http://home.iprimus.com.au/gcambo/plasma.jpg I'm concerned as we have only had it for about 4 mths and if we are getting burn-ins already I am going to ring LG up while still under warranty and complain.

4. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is not normal, get an engineer out. Its not screen burn though

5. gcambo34

gcambo34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Ray B although that pic doesn't show it. If I get up close and have a better look, it looks like it has traced an object. Just another Q: I have seen what I believe to be some sort of a magnetic wond that when put close to a screen pulls all the color back into the monitor. That wouldn't work with plasma would it.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The picture, I think the plastic front overlay is coming unbonded from the glass. The purple ish bits would indicate that, could the white areas be full detatchment? Or do they move about? Whatever, it's definitely warranty time, I reckon it's a write off. I think it has 2 separate failures.

7. gcambo34

gcambo34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I contacted the company I bought it off and they sent a guy out and it took him 1 second to say it had to be replaced. So they rang me back and said they would replace it, but then some time later they rang back and said LG will not accept it back without one of their tech looking at it. I told the guy I want the thing gone because I am a little superstitious when it comes to things like this. So "I" had to ring their (LG's)tech and we will find out Tues what is to happen. This is turning into a nightmare.

8. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure it will all work out ok