Screen display problem on startup windows 10

Jim33rg

Hi,
I have a Lenovo 720s laptop with windows 10 home and i5 processor.

Last few weeks I have had a problem, Upon booting up the screen lights up briefly with the lenovo logo then turns black. If I close the lid then open it again the screen appears and loads in as normal.
I have ran the power troubleshooter but it dosent bring up any errors. I suppose it could be a worn wire but its strange that the only time the screen goes blank is at startup.

Does anyone have any suggestions please, whilst its not serious yet it gets a bit annoying at times.

Cheers
Jim

Carbon 60

Hi Jim,

Did you make any changes to the system or download any new software just before the problem started?

Looking online for possible solutions there's a slim chance Windows is losing its connection to the screen display. You need to tap on Windows + Control + Shift + B keys simultaneously and this will reset the connection.

If this doesn't work connect the laptop to an external monitor or your TV to test if it's the laptop's screen that's faulty.

Report back with your findings.

Jim33rg

Hi Jim,

Did you make any changes to the system or download any new software just before the problem started?

Looking online for possible solutions there's a slim chance Windows is losing its connection to the screen display. You need to tap on Windows + Control + Shift + B keys simultaneously and this will reset the connection.

If this doesn't work connect the laptop to an external monitor or your TV to test if it's the laptop's screen that's faulty.

Report back with your findings.
Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B seems to have done the trick, have shut down and restarted my laptop several times now and the screen has behaved as it should. Thank you for your help

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom