1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen display during playback

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by CamGal, Dec 21, 2002.

1. CamGal

CamGal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I subscribed to ask a question regarding my new camcorder. It is a JVC GR-SXM248 (analog) I am new at camcorders, so please bare with me.

The problem is only when playing back, I have a whole line of different information across the top of the screen. (such as the tape counter, the recording mode indicator, cassette indicator, etc.) I've tried to record onto a VHS tape, thinking that this info would go away, but it's still there! I thought it was just appearing in the LCD monitor but it appears on the TV and on the recorded tape as well. Is there a way of getting rid of this information, or recording without having it on? It seems to me that no one would want to have this information hanging over their family videos. (I'd like to see this information when recording though)

Thank you for your help.

CamGal.

2. CamGal

CamGal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry people,

I found my answer. There is a "OSD Output" feature that had to be turned OFF. (On screen display)

Thanks.

CamGal