screen dilema

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by funkysnair, Dec 23, 2011.

1. funkysnair

funkysnair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello people...

i bought a sanyo plv-z3 projector off a member on here which im over the moon with (first pj)
    i have a problem though.....

my width for the screen is limited to 70" wall to wall - i have looked into manual/electric screens but there is a problem with the width, i have to take into consideration the width of the case and when i do the screen size suffers.
    ive looked into fixed screens and tripod but the girlfriend wont have any of it :rolleyes:

my recent thinking was buying some of that screen goo, which i ordered on amazon with the magnetic strips etc £160 and the girlfriend freeked out when she found out it was going to be white so thats getting sent back.

my walls are a deep red and i have projected the image onto the wall and it does seem fine but as im not a projector buff its prob not as good as i think it is.

is there any screens out there that dont have the width of the case near enough the width of the screen?
    if not is there some kind of clear paint i can put over top of current red paint?

sorry for sounding like a noob but i am when it comes to pj's :D

any advice is welcome apart from any mocking or sarky stuff lol
    cheers

ken

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Perish the thought! :eek:

You'll get nothing but good honest opinions from here. ;)

Have you thought of buying/making a white roller blind of the correct size?

Not ideal, but better than a dark red wall!

3. funkysnair

funkysnair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no i have not but that does sound like a better idea!!
    i mean the picture on the dark red wall is still stunning but im sure it will be messing up the screen colours!

thanks for that little tip there!!

wonder if i can buy some screen material and swap over the roller blind material? :smashin: