Screen Cleaner

Celticbhoy1888

Can anyone recommend a screen cleaning spray / kit for an LED screen that actually works ?

I’ve tried several bottles but they just leave smear marks all over the screen.

Many thanks

Te0

Novice Member
look if you go to amazon you get many products, the best sellers are the blum 100 ml that give you even the cleaning cloth and fellowes 9970311, you find them both at a modest price, they are both good, I use bloom and go a bomb then you can see.

Celticbhoy1888

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated 👍🏻

Getgaff

I’ve found these very effective at removing smears from my screens, YMMV though

EE2EE361-3077-4D8A-BF32-12ACCD3200EC.png

Dean

Ecomoist from Amazon. Best screen cleaner I have used. Cleans and doesn’t leave any smears.

i use it on pc screen and 65 inch OLED tv.

it comes in smaller sizes if you don’t need 500ml.
Yes this is the best stuff I've ever used too. I wouldn't trust any alcohol based products now. Works on all my glass AV furniture too.

MartinH32

I have a problem keeping my imac screen clean and nothing seems to work perfectly until I found these. You'll need 3-4 for a screen but they are amazing

peahead

Last edited:

mikeysthoughts

Tim2049

Recently discovered a hidden enemy of TV screens - A misplaced sneeze. Very annoying. I'm not talking a full on open sneeze directly at the TV - that would be idiotic & disgusting. I'm talking about an unrefined, spontaneous one that may not get 100% coverage.

Seldom comes off either, I was rubbing my 65" for so long I'm surprised it didn't become a 77"...

shoeboxjoe

i use windolene from b&m bargins its 99p i use it on both my 65 and 77inch oled and its fine just use an old smooth cotton t shirt 2 wipe it off

Attachments

varkanoid

EcoMoist off Amazon is the best for all screens.

RayP

All those buying so-called screen cleaners from Amazon are wasting their money. Ordinary tap water in a misting container and an e-cloth have kept my very expensive OLED screen perfectly clean for nearly four years.

The manual states not to use any chemicals and these commercial cleaners contain chemicals.

Paul MC007

Hi there

Regarding screen cleaning - please don't waste your money on any type of wipes or screen cleaners. These often do not work well and indeed may make your LCD/LED screen worse with smears.

All you need (trust me!) is a decent, clean micro fibre cloth and a bit of "huff" to create a mist - either this from your own breath or indeed, hold a microfibre cloth carefully above a boiling kettle to obtain some slight moisture.

Try it. Honestly. Works a treat. Especially on any stubborn marks like finger prints etc.

It's the *only* way I have been able to clean my Sony LCD screen over the years successfully.

varkanoid

EcoMoist off Amazon is brilliant, dont knock it till you tried it. I tried to on a recommendation and use it for all screens, monitors, switch, phones.

RayP

EcoMoist off Amazon is brilliant, dont knock it till you tried it. I tried to on a recommendation and use it for all screens, monitors, switch, phones.
Have you tried plain water in a mister? Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it and best of it’s free.

Quorra89

Standard Member
Have you tried plain water in a mister? Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it and best of it’s free.
I need to get in touch with Anglia Water as I'm paying £35 a month!

In all seriousness though, I have to agree as I've never had any issues with the ol' fibre cloth/water combination.

RayP

I need to get in touch with Anglia Water as I'm paying £35 a month!

In all seriousness though, I have to agree as I've never had any issues with the ol' fibre cloth/water combination.
LOL! Given water over there can be quite hard maybe distilled water might be better. Still loads cheaper than Amazon stuff

Paul MC007

I whole-wholeheartedly agree that anyone buying *any* kind of "LCD/LED screen cleaner" from any retailer is, totally and utterly wasting their money! Just to re-iterate - NOT needed folks! Just a decent micro-fibre and a little moisture will do exactly the same, if not better, job! :)