Screen Burn??

click07

Standard Member
Well yesterday we unpacked are brand new 42inch Panasonic TH42PX70 plasma. At first it did't work, it would click a green light would flash then click again and a red light would flash, and no picture at all:eek: So we called panasonic and after we discribed the problem they instantly said the starter board had gone and we would have to return it :thumbsdow so we called empiredirect and they said they would pick it up next thursday and give us are money back because they had loads of them onback order so we could either wait or get are money back.The TV had been pluged in now for a good 20mins we started to get it's box ready, and my dad said to my mum you try it what do you no it started :clap: and has been fine since touch wood. But we have now noitced the littel icons they place on programs in the top corner such as paramount, skyone etc will these cause any damage to the tv i.e. screen burn.

Oh and what the tv produces image wise, we are never going back :thumbsup:

Badger0-0

Screen burn is extremely rare nowadays :)
I'm not saying it never happens, but it is rare.

Best bet, if you're looking to keep it is go through your DVDs, find one with a "THX" Logo and use the THX setup in the languages menu to give it a basic setup. POTC is one I think.

I very much doubt you'll have a problem, but if youre worried, stick something with a bright bar, like BBC News 24, on and give it half an hour. Turn over and look for any hint of retention. If you see none, I reckon you'll be fine.

Marcos

Novice Member
will playing 4:3 videos on a plasma be bad news too? i didnt know the borders would cause burn

most of my media is 4:3, so i either watch it stretched and out of proportion or suffer screen burn?

Badger0-0

I can't recall a single case of black bars causing a problem on these forums, but I wouldn't put my life on that.
If you have pixel shift or similar in the settings, use that and I doubt you'll have a problem.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Stop worrying and enjoy the TV. :)

Marcos

Novice Member
Stop worrying and enjoy the TV. :)
i'd like to but if i'm going to be watching 4:3 a lot of the time and it could cause an issue then i want to factor that in

Badger0-0

I'd refer you back to post #2 mate.
It isn't going to be a problem, IMO.

Dave964

If I was you, I'd still send the tv back. Electronics rarely fix themselves and yours clearly has a problem even though it's working now. I would think it's much easier to send it back now (when it's first delivered) than in a months time if the failure shows up again.

click07

Standard Member
If I was you, I'd still send the tv back. Electronics rarely fix themselves and yours clearly has a problem even though it's working now. I would think it's much easier to send it back now (when it's first delivered) than in a months time if the failure shows up again.

Very true, but it has 3 years warranty on it from empire direct and we also manged to find a Panasonic service center like 5 miles away :). But i do agree with you, but tbh everything is up in the air at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom