1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen burn??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahamricho, Jan 10, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    having bought a second hand projector a seleco320,when i veiwed it it looked great,having set it up in a new extension many months later,when it is displaying full screen 4.3 images on very bright scenes i.e.bugs life there seems to be a slighty lighter border of picture information on the sides and bottom about 3 inch wide ?is this screen burn?or is it set up wrong?the screen is the same size as before?

2. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably tube wear, not burn. My second hand Barco has the same but has been got round.

Basically you need the projector further from the screen so that the light borders are off the screen, then adjust the blanking to fit the screen. This will have been how it was set up before, hence the phospher at the edges of the tubes not used and hence not worn.

There's others on here who have more expertise if you need more detsail on exactly how to do it. Mine was done on installation but Roland.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It soulds like good old wear and tear to me.

Get a very bright torch and shine it in the lens. Look to the very top and bottom of the Phophor surface and you should be able to see the difference.

so long as when you install the projector the brighter areas are out side the screen are it should still provide a useful picture, just not as bright as with new tubes. You'll probably find you are only talking about coming back a couple of inches.

My recomendation is to set the projector up as you already have then drag it back utill the bright areas are outside the screen. then very carefull measure that distance so you can install it in the ceiling in that possition. Or hire a gene lift from HSS and hoist the projector up and actually do it for real then you know the projector is the in the right position.