1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by trooper762, Jul 16, 2004.

1. trooper762

trooper762
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just been given a 42" NEC Plasma screen from work that was used to display one static image in the reception area. (What a waste) This has caused bad Screen Burn in the unit. Is it possible to repair it or shall I just bin it?

Cheers

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    screen burn comes from the stactic image when pixels in that static area get used more than the rest of the screen . if it not that bad maybe some full screen moving image might help a bit.

but if its really bad you could making a picture in photoshop with the area thats screen burnt leave a solid black colour and the rest of the area that not burnt leave a really bright colour. so you would be burning the rest of the screen to catch up to the already burnt area.

thats just a guess but might help. if you were going to bin it, just follow the above , put it in a spare room hooked up to dvd or pc and just leave it on for ages.

if not send it to me. i`ll pay postage. :D :D :D

3. AndyGeezer

AndyGeezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the burn is too bad for you, take a picture of it, sell it to me :smashin: , but don't bin it! :eek:

4. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Is it not better to display a pure white image?