• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Screen burn retification

Ridcully

I have an LG C6 OLED which looks like it's suffering from screen burn from the Sky progress bar. Is there a way of getting rid of this? I tried "Clear panel noise" but it didn't seem to help. Is there anything else I can try ?

ColdnFrosty

Novice Member
You can try calling LG Customer Support. LG has extended their warranty on their OLED panels from one year to two years for parts and labor and two years to four years for parts for just this reason. I had my "green on yellow" panel replaced today on my OLED55C7. The techs came in and removed the TV from the wall mount, installed the new panel, and remounted it. Total cost was $200 since my TV fell outside the two year max for free labor. The new panel has a different design to the one item mounted in the center. The replacement process involved removing everything from the back of the old panel, and reinstalling on the new panel. Pretty quick process - less than 30 min.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom