1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen burn on Plasmas....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Kamakazie, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Im looking into a tv/monitor to go with my new home cinema/entertainment system as at the moment i swaying towards an LCD. The reason is i will be wanting to hook up my PC to the display quite often and really dont fancy being on the bad end of some serious screen burn.
    Now i know the newer plasmas are much better at dealing with this but just how bad could it get if i was using it with the PC regularly??

Id prefer a plasma due to the cheaper price and faster response times (gaming would be better) but if its likely that screen burn will be an issue i can plump for an LCD.

Thanks

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    depends panasonic are pretty bomb proof when it comes to burn............ as long as you are sensible need not be a major issue, (why do think PC's have screen savers?

3. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    well thats what i was thinking. I could set the screensaver to come on after only a small amount of time, thats one thing.

By bombproof just what sort of usage are we talking about?
    Im looking for HD compatability and all that jazz as i might migrate toward HTPC later on. 32-37" but no bigger.....
    its a hard choice, ive done a fair bit of research into LCDs but not much into Plasmas but if its going to be a viable option then i guess im gonna have to do some more digging :¬/

thanks for the response.