1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Burn on my Samsung 181T

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Oakey, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I just noticed I have screen burn on my Samsung 181T TFT.

It's not noticeable, but if I go to www.msn.co.uk and click stop before it loads, I'll get a dark blue type background, the screen burn is very noticeable on this.

It seems to be mainly from certain parts of the desktop wallpaper and a bit of text from some of the icons on there.

Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm a little concerned as one part of text is quite noticeable on the blue background and the shortcut the text is from has only been there a few weeks. It's also not like I leave it at the desktop all the time. I'm constantly doing something and if I'm away from the computer I turn the monitor off.

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I'm aware it is impossible to get screen burn on TFT screens, it's one of the advantages of LCD technology over Plasma, maybe your glasses need a clean :rolleyes:

3. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I must say i'm of the same opinion as taffyboyo, also i never had a problem with it when i had a 181T, or with my subsequent Hercules 920 Prophetview, Hitachi 17" CML174SXWB or 23" Apple Cinema Display.
    And it sounds like i leave my screens at the desktop more than you... maybe it just needs to be worn in a bit more?

4. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I forgot to mention, I've had the TFT for about 13 months. There is definitely screen burn. I checked Google and apparently this can happen mainly when using dark images as a wallpaper. But, luckily, unlike CRT's it will fade back to normal.

I've changed my wallpaper to a brighter, lighter one and already the text that had been 'burned' in has disappeared although there is still a lot of screen burn on one side of the monitor. When I get home from work I shall take a photo so you can see.

As I said, it's only noticeable on dark colours.