• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Screen Burn LG55EF950V-ZA

burnsidea1982

Novice Member
Hi major noob and new to this forum,

Not sure if I should return the TV as Ive only had it for two weeks, but basically Ive got a screen burn Netflix logo from when I used the PS4 on my OLED LGEF950V

should this happen and is there any methods to get rid of this? If not i'm guessing this is classed as faulty right?

thanks

Andrew

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
How long was the logo on screen for, and how long has the image retention been there since?

They can be a little susceptible to image retention when first used, but there shouldn't be anything let for more than a few seconds.

I did have a defective EG960 that completely cleared up some weird image retention overnight when it ran its screen "cleansing" routine. The process is automatic, and there's no obvious indication that it's happening or happened. But, as long as you leave your EF950 on standby at night it should kick in.

burnsidea1982

Novice Member
The netflix logo is still burned in after 30 mins, switched TV off etc, will leave in standby overnight see what happens thanks for that. Also I have HDMI ULTRA HD on should this be off?

AndreiNR

Prominent Member
First of all burn is something irreversible.
Secondly, use the tv as much as you can before turning off so you'll be sure a compensation cycle will be done.
I'm pretty sure it will go away.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Have you got a picture, sorry to hear that.

vinnie97

Prominent Member
You should make sure you've run it for at least 6 hours after noticing the logo retention before switching it off for 10 minutes. If you still see it at that point, you likely have a faulty panel.

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
You should make sure you've run it for at least 6 hours after noticing the logo retention before switching it off for 10 minutes. If you still see it at that point, you likely have a faulty panel.

Agreed.

My three month old 950 has been absolutely punished, and I've absolutely hammered the hell out of Fallout 4 for hours at a time over the last month and there's not a smidge of image retention. These OLEDs are generally rock solid when it comes to being IR resistant.

burnsidea1982

Novice Member
is anyone able to post settings for calibration? in normal/cinema and Game mode? probably just get someone out to calibrate. Also Where is the best place to get 4k content to test?

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
is anyone able to post settings for calibration? in normal/cinema and Game mode? probably just get someone out to calibrate. Also Where is the best place to get 4k content to test?

Youtube is a good place to start for 4k streaming demo material, as was http://demo-uhd3d.com/ (downloadable content) although I can't seem to get on there at the moment.

vaktmestern

Banned
Yeh they ir stain fast my good at clearing that up itself.

SoundVision

Prominent Member
My three month old 950 has been absolutely punished, and I've absolutely hammered the hell out of Fallout 4 for hours at a time over the last month and there's not a smidge of image retention. These OLEDs are generally rock solid when it comes to being IR resistant.
OLED tvs are not that rock solid there is a whole load of people complaining on Youtube about Screen burn

Last edited:

SoundVision

Prominent Member
Not funny paying nearly £3000 for a tv with screen burn on it There is a lot of people out there uninformed about OLED screen burn more should be told

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom