1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screeeeeeen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by G a f f e r, Jan 3, 2004.

1. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    hi
    dumb question here about someone silly enough to consider getting the screen before the projector.
    the projectors i have in mind are the panny ae500 (£1170 pricejapan.com inc dpc) or the sanyo z2 (£1440 from here in uk).
    this will however reduce my bank balance to the point where, in order to scrimp and save post x-mas shopping, i'm considering making my own fixed wooden frame and stretching 6ft x 3.xft of canvas/white cloth over it.
    my q is this: seeing as i was blown away by the picture from a panny ae300 with a dead pixel thrown onto a bare apricot coloured wall - do i reaaly need to spend £250 extra on a screen?

(yes i know, this may well be a very silly q but i NEED to save some money Somewhere):suicide:

2. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    check out my screen in the diy section search for "have a look at my plans" and you will see the screen i made for about £70 including REAL screen fabric from DRH. Im very happy with it and it looks the bomb. Even tho i've only had my mate's projecter on to it so far.

Plus the diy thing is good fun because you always have the feeling of self achievment.

"I made that"

3. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    that screen looks absolutely MENTAL. I was hoping to make the screen in the guise of a very large batik, simply cloth stretched over a wooden frame. But your piccies have given me new ideas...
    btw where can i get the screen naterial from? couldn't find link to drh

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
  5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: