1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scream r1 Boxset - Uncut?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by fccabs, Jul 17, 2001.

1. fccabs

fccabs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know the only place to get an uncut version of Scream is from Japan for about £50-£60.

2. StaminaStan

StaminaStan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if the Scream r1 boxset contains uncut versions of the films? I would have thought that they would have used uncut transfers since they were going to the trouble of getting Wes / etc to do a commentary, but play247 lists the boxset as having an "R" rating, and I am positive I read in Darkside magazine that the MPAA made cuts to the first film (at least) before giving it an "R".

Please can someone let me know before I break out the credit card and buy it!

stan.

3. StaminaStan

StaminaStan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dammit - answered my own question. No it is not uncut - the MPAA cut 20 seconds and is the same version that the BBFC passed with no further cuts. (info from http://www.rewind.org.uk/digitalera/ ) Does anyone know where I can get an uncut Scream? Big fan of the series, me..!

Cheers,
    stan.

4. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The unrated version is available on the NTSC/US laserdisc. The DVD is cut as apparently Buena Vista/Disney have a policy for not releasing unrated movies.

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    The unrated version is available in Denmark and comes as part of the boxed set if you want to get it that way aswell. You can find it at www.dvdoo.com and it has removable subtitles, full widescreen ratio, fully uncut "Scream", and it's in PAL.

You may want to download some translation software to make things easier, but the disc is a fraction of the price movietyme are asking and delivery is about 4 days. I think the Scream disc on it's own works out to about £22 inc shipping or you can get it in the boxed set.

Go do some shopping.

[ 19-07-2001: Message edited by: Rambo John J ]