Scream 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I loved this when it first came out but for me it's definitely one of those films that's nowhere near as enjoyable once you know the plot.

Having said that, I just spotted that the Itunes version seems to be the latest remaster so I've splashed out £5.99.

I know the disc version will blow it out of the water but it's really not one I'll watch again and again, so six quid seems reasonable.

I loved this when it first came out but for me it's definitely one of those films that's nowhere near as enjoyable once you know the plot.

Having said that, I just spotted that the Itunes version seems to be the latest remaster so I've splashed out £5.99.

I know the disc version will blow it out of the water but it's really not one I'll watch again and again, so six quid seems reasonable.
Its not one Ill dish out any money for! :D

I remember going to a special advanced preview screening of this at midnight on a saturday iirc (still got the glossy invite somewhere! it was more like a premiere invitation!) i don't think i've ever seen an audience so pumped up (probably cause it was midnight on a saturday in the centre of birmingham🍻) defintely an iconic milestone in horror (and possibly in cinema altogether) anyway... the disc looks and sounds great, i never managed to find the unrated version outside of the laserdisc, did it ever sneak out to blu? i know it was down to disney not doing unrated etc, as it was the version i "grew up with" i would love to edit it into the 4k version 🎞️✂️

I remember going to a special advanced preview screening of this at midnight on a saturday iirc (still got the glossy invite somewhere! it was more like a premiere invitation!) i don't think i've ever seen an audience so pumped up (probably cause it was midnight on a saturday in the centre of birmingham🍻) defintely an iconic milestone in horror (and possibly in cinema altogether) anyway... the disc looks and sounds great, i never managed to find the unrated version outside of the laserdisc, did it ever sneak out to blu? i know it was down to disney not doing unrated etc, as it was the version i "grew up with" i would love to edit it into the 4k version 🎞️✂️
I had totally forgotten about that midnight screening in Brum! Was a lot of fun.

You know, all this talk about the uncut version. I watched the iTunes 4k last night, and past a couple of VHS viewings at mate's houses (whilst drunk) it was the first time I'd ever watched it on anything other the uncut laserdisc in the last two decades (I feel old).

Now the 4k was amazing. I noticed that. The missing gore. I didn't notice that. Really didn't make a difference. I'll be sticking to the 4k.

It is literally seconds worth

Thanks for confirming, that's a shame as I thought we might have finally got the full cut

Are you talking about the Director's Cut?

Or was the 18 UK version different from the America R rated theatrical version?

I had the Director's Cut on LaserDisc many, many years ago (it has a few seconds of extra gore over the R rated version). But I've only had the America R rated version on DVD and then Blu-ray. The Director's Cut seems to have fallen out of favour and vanished.

Regards,
James.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the Director's Cut?

Or was the 18 UK version different from the America R rated theatrical version?

I had the Director's Cut on LaserDisc many, many years ago (it has a few seconds of extra gore over the R rated version). But I've only had the America R rated version of DVD and then Blu-ray. The Director's Cut seems to have fallen out of favour and vanished.

Regards,
James.
Iirc and I'm sure I'll be corrected lol the US laserdisc Had the unrated version released by image/dimension when it was time for the dvd disney ultimately owned the dimension releases and disney wouldn't release anything that was unrated so it reverted to the theatrical cut, if you listen to the commentary wes Craven points out some of the changes, I can't remember if the laserdisc commentary was the same one or not, I know it's minimal but the nostalgic completist in me always wants the extra bits lol from what I can tell it did appear on dvd in Japan but compared to the theatrical dvd it looked like it was a laserdisc rip 😞

The 4k Blu-ray is £9.99 in HMV when brought with anything else.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom