1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratches on the 343 black lining..?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jeroenskie, Dec 12, 2003.

1. jeroenskie

jeroenskie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear people ,today I was unplesantly surprised by very much scratches on the black surrounding .
    At first ( at night) I did not seen them ,but in the daylight you can see them .
    Notfrom 3 meters but when standing nearby.

Offcourse you do not look this close tele BUT at is not normal SO it irritates.

Ofcourse there are grease vingers on the tv because you heve to touch it when hanging it to the wall.....

I want to clean this but do not want to make the ousing even more damaged.

What would be a good way to clean the housing Without making it worse?

I did a very smal part with the cloth that is deliverd with the tv But this doesn't work ..
    Hope someone knows

kind regards Jeroen

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I had a similar thing on mine. I used the lens cleaner liquid that it used for cameras and camcorders together with the cloth that came with the screen. I have to try very hard now to see these scratches in daylight... they are practically gone. Overall, I think this is a sensitive part of the new design with this black frame.
    Most people love it, I love the pricture and product but I prefer the looks and practicallity of the older 433.

3. jeroenskie

jeroenskie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thank you for the reply!

The looks are indeed perfect ! I will try it tomorrow with lens cleaner :O)

kind regards Jeroen