*scratches head*....confused????

Lateralus

Novice Member
now correct me if im wrong but a while ago sony were blabberin off how much better the ps3 was gonna beover the 360......

now i dont know if you guys have seen this but its an article written where you hover the mouse over the picture and it gives the ps3 screenshot. take your mouse off the photo and it shows the 360 screenshot.

I cannot see ANY difference, and sometimes the 360 graphics look better :confused:

someone in sony has boobed again i think

:D

article

Golf_turbo

Novice Member
Not really. Just wait a year or so untill the PS3 has games fully developed for that console only.

How can it make a ported game look that much better?! The game has the same graphics more or less, it has just been programmed to run on the PS3.

So yeah, you won't see much difference!

leicesterlad

Novice Member
Yeah but just think what the games will be like for the 360 after another year......

GOW2
GOW3?
GTA
HALO3
CALL OF DUTY 4

Just because the PS3 will be released, doesn't mean the 360 will stagnate.

( :rotfl: @ being able to get the word "stagnate" into a video game forum)

I think it's looking good for us all be it owning a 360, PS3 or Wii or all for that matter.:thumbsup:

Golf_turbo

Novice Member
Yeah but just think what the games will be like for the 360 after another year......

GOW2
GOW3?
GTA
HALO3
CALL OF DUTY 4

Just because the PS3 will be released, doesn't mean the 360 will stagnate.

( :rotfl: @ being able to get the word "stagnate" into a video game forum)

I think it's looking good for us all be it owning a 360, PS3 or Wii or all for that matter.:thumbsup:

No way will there be a GOW3 (Or GOW2 for that matter) this time time next year!

I'm not saying the xbox is going to flop.... I'm just sayiong if you compare ported games, you're not going to see a difference!

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
I hope they don't make a GOW3+ thats the main thing about Playstation that sucks. They release sequal after sequal of the same ****.

gta
gran turismo
crash bandicot
tekkan
spyro
dynasty warriors

theres hardly a NEW type of game released.

leicesterlad

Novice Member
I though GOW was part of a trilogy.......

What I was saying (or trying to) was that after just one year we have the amazing GOW so imagine what we will be getting after another year (be it the games I listed or not).

I agree that both consoles will be very much worth having and I've NEVER, and never will be, dedicated to one console only.

I like to own all available because then you can never miss out on the great titles and also get to choose which console to buy for.

I honestly love reading debates on which console is better because it makes me laugh at the fanboys who really miss out on some great games because of their devotion to Sony/MS/Nintendo

Also wormvortex: If people didn't buy these poor sequels, they wouldn't make them. There must be a market there and they must be making enough money to justify them.
Vote with your wallet and leave them.... thats the only way they'll stop making garbage.

just slackin'

Not really. Just wait a year or so untill the PS3 has games fully developed for that console only.

How can it make a ported game look that much better?! The game has the same graphics more or less, it has just been programmed to run on the PS3.

So yeah, you won't see much difference!
that's part of the problem - several developers have already said that the ps3 is too expensive to develop for so they'll do it on the 360 (using tools which microsoft have provided) and then port.

there will be some exclusives but that is almost a reversal on the last generation.

geordie10

Novice Member
another review.

H3 Enterprises, Inc. reported this morning that in a totally unbiased side-by-side face-off on H3TV, witnessed by cameras from CNBC and BET as well as a slew of magazine and newspaper reporters, Xbox 360 administered a convincing beat-down to it's highly sought after rival, PS3.

As a result of H3TV's split screen cyber technology, the overflow crowd was able to witness the two rival gaming consoles being played on the same 1080p monitor at the same time. Utilizing EA Sports' "Fight Night" on both consoles, H3TV was able to give the enthusiastic audience was given a clear view of the head-to-head imagery and graphics of the competing systems.
Many of Harlem's top rappers and "Fight Night" aficionados were given the opportunity to participate and experience the varied features that both consoles offer. The final results were unanimous and resounding.
"Xbox is flat-out better both visually and mechanically," said H3's chief communications officer and world class gamer, Adrian "Hollywood" Walton. "When 'Fight Night' is played at its highest level with the highest possible resolution, everyone was able to see Xbox 360's superiority to PS3 as clear as can be on H3TV."
Dipset and H3 superstar Juelz Santana was just as emphatic in his breakdown of the "Fight Night" face-off: "H3TV completely exposed that PS3's High Definition picture doesn't come close to Xbox, at least for "Fight Night." Everyone that had the opportunity to compete on both consoles scored Xbox higher right across the board."
HTRE will feature a second round of H3TV's "Video Console Challenge" at Friday's Spike TV "Video Game Awards," December 8th. Present plans call for EA Sports top selling "Madden NFL 07" to be played simultaneously on H3TV by the brightest stars and best gamers in the world. There will also be a basketball shootout utilizing EA Sports "NBA Live 2007" and 2KSports "NBA 2K7." H3's "Backstage Booth" will be hosted by Walton and other Dipset stars.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
If I am not mistaken though I thought that they PS3 was supposed to have the better CPU, where as the 360 has the best GPU as well as a better memory management system.

There's not going to be much between the 2 consoles and there will be great games on each. I guess the likes of Gamespot don't have much better to do than these comparisons but i'd guess that most of us we'll just play the games on whatever system we have and enjoy them. :)

geordie10

Novice Member
the one big advantage that the 360 has that it is easier to program for.
that means to me that it will get more and probably better or just as good games as the ps3.
when you look at the cost of both systems if the games are as good as the ps3 then there is no contest.

Kutocer

Standard Member
I honestly love reading debates on which console is better because it makes me laugh at the fanboys who really miss out on some great games because of their devotion to Sony/MS/Nintendo

So true, it makes me laugh but also drives me up the wall. You only have to look at Sony's past console releases to know that the first year is a bad year both the PS and PS2 were slated upon release, people saying they ain't gonna make it, its this, its that, Well with well over 200m consoles bewtween them and in some countries the PS2 is a preffered console over the 360 http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36146 its still going strong.

Like Leicesterlad said there are games that come out on all machines that people miss out on (you forgot Devil May Cry as another chain game) because of hte fanyboy status. I still believe the PC as the best gaming machine take a look at Crysis. No 360 or PS3 is able to do that wanna know why no Direct X 10 support and M$ and Sony have said there FX chips are Direct X 9 and no updates as well.

At the end of the day you play what ever you want to play but have respect for the other machine's because compatition is good for there business and also its only a game at the end of the day.

Kutocer

Standard Member
the one big advantage that the 360 has that it is easier to program for.
that means to me that it will get more and probably better or just as good games as the ps3.
when you look at the cost of both systems if the games are as good as the ps3 then there is no contest.
I do believe when they start to get going with games for the PS3 thanks to its 7 cores of which only 6 will ever get used, i think it may surpass the 360, however i do remember reading that the PS3 is slated to be hear for 10 years i think in that time M$ will release another console with a full DX10/11 GPU in givein them a real advantage over Sony.

Just my thoughts

leicesterlad

Novice Member
So true, it makes me laugh but also drives me up the wall. You only have to look at Sony's past console releases to know that the first year is a bad year both the PS and PS2 were slated upon release, people saying they ain't gonna make it, its this, its that, Well with well over 200m consoles bewtween them and in some countries the PS2 is a preffered console over the 360 http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36146 its still going strong.

Like Leicesterlad said there are games that come out on all machines that people miss out on (you forgot Devil May Cry as another chain game) because of hte fanyboy status. I still believe the PC as the best gaming machine take a look at Crysis. No 360 or PS3 is able to do that wanna know why no Direct X 10 support and M$ and Sony have said there FX chips are Direct X 9 and no updates as well.

At the end of the day you play what ever you want to play but have respect for the other machine's because compatition is good for there business and also its only a game at the end of the day.
I love the look of some of the PC games but the appeal with consoles for me is the lying back on the sofa and just getting on with it.
No messing about with keyboards or mouses. It's just instant fun.

By the way, I'm sure my beloved C64 would be able to run crysis and it would still look that good......

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE........

crocket99r

Standard Member
I think it's a case of the last gen, Dreamcast had sharper visuals than ps2, xbox 360 has sharper visuals than PS3 going by those screens, and my eyes, but also has a more 'real' look, as stated above.

I'm not interested in the Sony/Microsoft debate, it's like the iPod, people go for iPod because it's 'cool', not because it's the best. Same as PS2, it wasn't the best, but wiped the floor with everything else because it was 'cool'.

I have an Xbox 360, purely because I like the games available at present and the pricing, if PS3 has great games and comes down in price it may well find it's way into my home too.

Don't bicker over whats best, just enjoy!

Kutocer

Standard Member
By the way, I'm sure my beloved C64 would be able to run crysis and it would still look that good......PRESS PLAY ON TAPE........
lol, Well once i upgrade my pc it will run through my 42" plasma and i love keyboard and mouse for FPS and RTS, Once the addon for the 360 comes out i will be using my keyboard and mouse on it. Time to Own :D

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
Pc's will always be supiror to consoles its just a shame that a mouse and keyboard sucks for any game that aint a RTS or FPS.

Kutocer

Standard Member
Dudes get a 360 wired pad plug it in full joypad support. :thumbsup: Keyboard and mouse only good for those its great having both.

stu.artd

Pc's will always be supiror to consoles its just a shame that a mouse and keyboard sucks for any game that aint a RTS or FPS.
That's something MS are addressing with Vista and the Games for Windows programme. The wired X360 pad works with PC's just now and a wireless adapter's being released for the wireless pad as well.

RobDickinson

Sure PC's will often look better for games.

But only if you spend twice the cost of the 360 on the graphics card alone..

I'm a long term PC gamer who got fed up of (a)playing infront of my PC and (b)constant upgrades.

Though I'll probably keep that up anyhow for stratergy and MMO's :D

You need to see Motorstorm on the PS3 running for a launch title, well a near launch title it is amazing.

Only downloaded the demo from the Sony Market place but full game should be coming soon as well.

PS3 needs time to mature. I couldnt care less which one is better, I have both hence the best of both worlds!

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
What PC's that cost £250 are better at gaming than consoles?