• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scratched screen

Putonahappyface

Established Member
Some how someone or something has managed to scratch my plasma screen, does anyone know how I can get this fixed any advise would be good thanks in advance.

Matt543

Established Member
Oh dear, not another Pioneer owner suffering the same fate as me.

I am trying to claim of our contents insurance, not sure scratches can be removed but if you find a way then let me know.

Putonahappyface

Established Member
I don't notice the scratch except in the day time or when the lounge light is on so may see if I can live with it, but just to be safe I'll ring Pioneer tomorrow and see how much a replacement screen will be or what they can do.

Putonahappyface

Established Member
PMSL Pioneer quoted me over the phone £2500:rotfl: for a new screen \o/:laugh:. The scratch is barely noticeable and the scratch doesn't effect my viewing pleasure so I'll live with it simply not worth pursuing this via house insurance claim!

Last edited:

Matt543

Established Member
£2500 :eek: ouch

My TV is going to be a right off then :mad:

Might be worth contacting a few TV repair places and seeing if they can somehow polish it out

Mrhappy37

Established Member
Try doing a search on the forum as I seem to recall someone else a few weeks ago had the same problem and managed to repair it. I dont remember the details but im sure it was a sucessful repair.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom