Scratched disc

RidleyDeckard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how we go about getting replacement discs that have been scratched in the machine. My copy of The Witcher 3 is scratched and won't install beyond 31%, Gameseek say they won't replace it as it was the Xbox that scratched it and the only thing I can find on the Microsoft website is a replacement for out of warranty discs.

The only thing I know about the scratch is that I haven't dropped the disc, once I opened the game, I carefully inserted it into the Xbox and the Xbox wasn't moved. I know for a fact I haven't scratched it myself.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I should do?

I though blu-ray discs were almost impossible to scratch?

Is it a circular scratch like laser burn or is a straight one across the disc? If its laser burn i wouldn't be putting anymore discs in the machine.

Lost soul its more difficult with Bluray discs but it still can happen.

Filmfreak if your stuck with it and can't get to a Game to get it fixed drop me a PM. Ive got a proper disc repair machine.

Cheers for that, it is a very slight circular scratch, but I just can't see how it happened. I'm going to take it to Game tomorrow morning to see if they can repair it.

Can we get a picture?

If it goes 360 round the disc then it may not be a scratch at all and just your hard disk full...

Glad i went digital!

Coud be laser burn.....

What i would do rather than risk any game or valuable discs is get a cheap Blu Ray from pounland or CEX and plonk that in there and see what happens. If it damages that then you may have a problem with your machine. I would have though if the HD was full you would have got a message off of the machine or a notice when you tried to install saying thaqt there was insufficent HD space.

Also if your going the Toothpaste or Brasso repair route ive found Game and CEX are very reluctant to take the game for trade in with the marks it leaves on the disc.

CEX cleaned it and so far so good. It was only an inch long, so I'm assuming it wasn't the Xbox that caused it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom