1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratched by engineers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Iancity, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Iancity

Iancity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When engineers took my set away (£1500 Sony) they scratched the grey plastick back on a wall and it made an awful scratching/scraping sound when they put it in the van. TV is hopefully on its way back soon but where do I stand on this legally.
    a) Can I insist on being compensated
    b)Do I have to take the set back etc etc.
    I admit the damage is (hopefully) just superficial but if I sell the TV on it may effect the price.
    Does anybody have any guidance/ suggestions on this.
    Also, who do I go to, to sort this out. TV was bought from HI-Spek and is under guarantee from them but is being looked at by local dealer in Newcastle.

Many many thanks for your help . . .

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If the scratch is bad, you should demand that they pay for a new TV. I would'nt stand for it....if they refuse...tell em you'll take it to a small claims court and they'll run scared!

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    TV cabinets can be easily replaced. It would be an easy compromise to reach.
    Unless the TV was banged around and broken, then I'd say a new cabinet is your best bet. Phone and tell them that whilst it's at the workshop. Then they can order in and fit a new cabinet there and then.