scratchcard win...

Egg White

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I was out with my lady this afternoon and her daughter rings up (she's recently broke up with her guy - but remain friends due to their toddler son)... tho, the calls get disconnected a few times as we're in a rural area and no signal...

but turns out he's just won 100k on a scatchcard... phone goes dead... few minutes later it rings again and he'd left the card at her house, and he said that she could just scratch the card for him...w t f?!?

again the phone goes dead and she rings back saying that he doesn't believe her about the win - meaning that when she'd rang before she hadn't actually told him (we assumed it was hindsight) as we were like yeah, great that you'd told him as it's the right thing to do etc, but now we're thinking hang on - what would we do in this situation? but she's an honest lass and was saying that she couldn't live with the guilt etc...but it's not like he's short of a bob or two...

so, we drive home hoping that he'd give her 10k to sort her out etc...

we get back home and there's one last phone call...

it was a fake card.
bastard

Last edited:
yes, very strange... obviously a joke, but wonder what gors through his head at times :(

How twisted, I'm not sure if react particularly well to that sort of prank. That would be life changing money for most people, what would motivate someone to let someone else believe they have that only to take it away? Sounds like a pathetic control thing IMO.

yep, he was manipulative in their relationship - she wasn't able to do anything really - she had to come off facebook, rarely went out - as he'd moan about it etc...

she had enough and moved out a few weeks ago - and he wasn't even bothered either...

yep, he was manipulative in their relationship - she wasn't able to do anything really - she had to come off facebook, rarely went out - as he'd moan about it etc...

she had enough and moved out a few weeks ago - and he wasn't even bothered either...
So he thought he would control her a little more with a stupid prank :rolleyes:....This is what worries me about having daughters, ****heads like this.... :mad:

I have a daughter. I'm not too worried as when she is old enough I intend to have a shotgun licence with shotgun and I am sure he will value his nuts.

At least she had the sense to get out (and hopefully stay out) and will be the wiser for it.

yeah, she is a bit naive tho and won't think anything to malicous about him - it's not her nature...but on the other hand - I doubt he thought he'd be the first person she'd tell...probably judged her by his own standards...

Last edited:
So he thought he would control her a little more with a stupid prank :rolleyes:....This is what worries me about having daughters, ****heads like this.... :mad:
Just as many woman who are as manipulative as this guy so I think it is a worry for any parent whether you have girls or boys. In fact slightly sexist to think this only affects girls!!!!

Just as many woman who are as manipulative as this guy so I think it is a worry for any parent whether you have girls or boys. In fact slightly sexist to think this only affects girls!!!!
We of course don't know the full facts of her case but from the Judge's summary, Rebecca Minnock certainly comes to mind...

I saw a video the other day (which I'm sure was fake but funny none the less) of a guy being told he'd won the lottery by his wife and brother at which point he goes nuts, calls his boss and let's him have it, tells his wife he hates her and his brother than he's doing his missus. At which point they tell him it's a fake ticket.

It's a lame prank and credit to the girl in this case but I must admit to finding the video funny

That's not fair, I was only talking about my own worries as I do in fact have 2 daughters, also the thread topic involved a man being a git.
I am more than aware of how manipulative woman can be ;)

That's not fair, I was only talking about my own worries as I do in fact have 2 daughters, also the thread topic involved a man being a git.
Daddy I want a car :D

I saw a video the other day (which I'm sure was fake but funny none the less) of a guy being told he'd won the lottery by his wife and brother at which point he goes nuts, calls his boss and let's him have it, tells his wife he hates her and his brother than he's doing his missus. At which point they tell him it's a fake ticket.

It's a lame prank and credit to the girl in this case but I must admit to finding the video funny

I have to admit I did find the situation yesterday a bit funny after I'd thought about it for a few hours - and hence me posting it up... but at the times lots of emotions were going through my lady and my head - and no doubt throygh her daughters whenshe thought she had a winning ticket... :)

Did not mean to sound harsh but your post came across as if you were worried because you had girls and would not have been worried if you had boys. As a parent I think we all worry about our kids (boys or girls) finding someone who treats them well.

Did not mean to sound harsh but your post came across as if you were worried because you had girls and would not have been worried if you had boys. As a parent I think we all worry about our kids (boys or girls) finding someone who treats them well.
Look I won't drag this out, I was purely replying to a post about a guy being a git to a woman, so naturally I thought about my girls being in the same situation. That was all I mean't.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom