Scratch on pz70 screen any ideas

tunston216

Standard Member
Only had mine a couple of months now, I have treated it so careful even keeping the screens packing cover if ever needed. I was just checking my ps3 media content as the sun came across the left hand side of the screen. I noticed what appeared to be a human hair on the screen, but to my horror it’s a 3 inch scratch. What to do, the screen has never to my knowledge been cleaned. But it was not there before, and yes the wife is saying she has no idea!
Its not that deep, but its there and I know its there now.
Can it be removed? does this screen have a protective coating.
Any help would be great.
(sorry if its been asked before.)

philbot

My girlfriends diamond ring scratched my car windscreen when she polished it - since then I make sure she doesn't dust or polish my TV just in case...

Halfords sell a PVC scratch removing cream which I've used on my iPod - not sure if it's suitable for the TV screen though.

google

Distinguished Member
Only had mine a couple of months now, I have treated it so careful even keeping the screens packing cover if ever needed. I was just checking my ps3 media content as the sun came across the left hand side of the screen. I noticed what appeared to be a human hair on the screen, but to my horror it's a 3 inch scratch. What to do, the screen has never to my knowledge been cleaned. But it was not there before, and yes the wife is saying she has no idea!
Its not that deep, but its there and I know its there now.
Can it be removed? does this screen have a protective coating.
Any help would be great.
(sorry if its been asked before.)

There's another thread you may have seen on this forum where someone has removed a scratch with toothpaste.

Please take some professional advice before you go ahead with any attempts at removing the scratch.

I think you know what I am saying.

Scott

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom