Scotts big job :)

scottlwl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi all.

Just a quickie that may turn into a longie....

I am planning my new lounge set up. I have a Tosh 40WLT66 and a Denon AVR1507 with Tannoy EFX 5.1 set, along with a HD-E1 ( i know begginers set up)

anyway i have been playing with Google sketchup and done an idea i like but i am unsure of putting the sub within the shelf bench thingy....the picture will explain better

loungewall1.png

the sub is on the far right....would this make it too boomy being in there or would it be ok?

thanks in advance

soprry the picture was bigger before upload

Subs placed in corners tend to sound boomy, but this can help if the sub is underpowered and needs a little boost.

Looks nice though. Make sure you leave enough room for add ons and upgrades.

thanks guvna, as long as its not a no, no then i will go ahead and finish the design

your right i best make the sub compartment big enough for future upgrades (wife permitting)

Looking forward to seeing more from this project, looks promising.

wont be started til next month. Colours have now changed to the old classic....teal, cocolate and cream :)

i am not very good with a saw so i am getting me best mate to help me.

Hi Scott

It looks very simmilar to what I have. Don't worry about the sub sounding too boomy. I have mine exactly where you want yours and with a little tweaking, you'll get it perfect. Go for it.

thanks goride, and yes i saw your room in the other thread the cupboards look great. But tell me...they are only 40cm deep and my AV receiver is like 45....:( have you got your kit somewhere else?

No

The gear is all in the centre units (doors 3 &4). I decided not to put the backs on these units. Plus the units don't go flush against the wall, they sit out about 3 inches.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom