Scottish Premier League

Skull n Bones

Of course it's nothing like the Liverpool / United rivalry but it would be difficult to have a thinly veiled dig about someone not being from Liverpool without bringing those two clubs up.

I'm not sure what two clubs can be compared to the hatred between Celtic and Rangers, maybe there's an Italian derby up there for hatred but not for the same reasons 🤔

The Intercontinental Derby between Galatasaray and Fernerbahce comes close, but again not for quite the same reasons. The legendary Graeme Souness would be a good man to judge 😁

Last edited:

Graham27

Looking like Eddie Howe. That disappoints me as a Rangers fan, but I think it’s a better appointment for Celtic and Scottish football. Always thought Howe comes across very well.

PC1975

Distinguished Member
As a Celtic fan the prospect of Eddie Howe doesn't exactly fill me with excitement but given the options available it's probably a sensible choice.

I don't agree at all that normal service will be resumed. If Gerrard remains at Ibrox then I'd expect Rangers to hit the ground running and if they improve from this season they'll be very competitive.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
As a Celtic fan the prospect of Eddie Howe doesn't exactly fill me with excitement but given the options available it's probably a sensible choice.

I don't agree at all that normal service will be resumed. If Gerrard remains at Ibrox then I'd expect Rangers to hit the ground running and if they improve from this season they'll be very competitive.
Depends on how much more confetti they isssue.

BritanniaJaf

What's even funnier is this 'tribute band' as you call it stopped your most important league win ever by a country mile.

But don't tell me the quad treble was more important and this is a time to regroup etc etc????

New goalkeeper
4 loans up
Lego muncher/captain away
And 3 best "best" players bosman next season

Good luck with that arrogance.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
What's even funnier is this 'tribute band' as you call it stopped your most important league win ever by a country mile.

But don't tell me the quad treble was more important and this is a time to regroup etc etc????

New goalkeeper
4 loans up
Lego muncher/captain away
And 3 best "best" players bosman next season

Good luck with that arrogance.
Whatever, congrats on your first significant trophy, I personally don’t count the petrofrac cup, but it’ll keep the SPFL trophy warm.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
What arrogance, congratulating TRFC on their first major domestic trophy?

The truth will set you free.

BritanniaJaf

Is that it, don't tell me Sevco and all that crap per chance.

Couldn't give a flying about any of that, King Gerrard was brought in for one thing and has delivered 100%

Let's hope it continues along with your deluded arrogance.

PC1975

Distinguished Member
As a Celtic fan I, for the first time in ages, am actually looking forward to the old firm cup tie. It will give us a chance of a meaningful win. I was really uninterested in the most recent league encounter and tbh didn't fancy our chances.

Hopefully we'll have a new manager lined up and the squad get a boost from that. For the first time since early season I feel optimistic for the immediate future.

BritanniaJaf

As a Celtic fan I, for the first time in ages, am actually looking forward to the old firm cup tie. It will give us a chance of a meaningful win. I was really uninterested in the most recent league encounter and tbh didn't fancy our chances.

Hopefully we'll have a new manager lined up and the squad get a boost from that. For the first time since early season I feel optimistic for the immediate future.
Take it you are pretty happy if you get Howe, as a gers fan would rather yous didn't but from what I'm reading it will be a done deal tomorrow once the stock exchange is back open.

PC1975

Distinguished Member
Take it you are pretty happy if you get Howe, as a gers fan would rather yous didn't but from what I'm reading it will be a done deal tomorrow once the stock exchange is back open.
Yeah, Howe would be a good choice given his credentials. We just have to take it on the chin up here that the only way we can attract 'hollywood' appointments is either through unique circumstances such as Rodgers being on gardening leave at Liverpool or as is the current case at Rangers - taking a chance on a big name rookie coach.

Being realistic, Howe is probably the most we can really expect. I'm certainly not disappointed and am cautiously optimistic that he will do a good job.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Don't see what all the fuss over Howe is about. Decent manager nothing more, nothing less. Doubt he has the mettle for the job up here.

PC1975

Distinguished Member
Don't see what all the fuss over Howe is about. Decent manager nothing more, nothing less. Doubt he has the mettle for the job up here.
That may well be the case but I'm not seeing a fuss being made over his appointment.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony launches larger screen sizes for latest Bravia XR TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sennheiser Consumer Electronics acquired by Sonova
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Freeview Play viewers get Android TV homescreen update
  • By Andy Bassett