Scottish Football

Cos there's nothing to talk about:)

The same reason why nobody seems to talk about any football outside of the Premiership on here. The people on here who want to talk football, have no interest in it.

shay0 said:
The same reason why nobody seems to talk about any football outside of the Premiership on here. The people on here who want to talk football, have no interest in it.

Shay - what's the HTFC badge you have there?

shay0 said:
The same reason why nobody seems to talk about any football outside of the Premiership on here. .

Theres footie outside the Premiership?:eek:

hunts1uk said:

It's more like rugby really mate, endless succession of drop-kicks... and you can quote me on that, we were there once recently :eek: :D

DJT75 said:
Shay - what's the HTFC badge you have there?
Halifax Town, somebody's got to :rolleyes:

hunts1uk said:
Yep, but the acting's not as good :D

CFC1 said:
Have we no Scottish members willing to support their leagues?

lots, but it usually ends in tears:rolleyes:

shay0 said:
Halifax Town, somebody's got to :rolleyes:

I dismissed Halifax straight away, thought their badge was something completely different. There's me searching Hitchen Town, Huddlesfield etc...:rolleyes:

Well then, it's not Scottish football but it's far from Premiership.

My local team St.Albans City (31 years man & boy) are now with the big guns like Halifax in the Conference. I went on Tuesday night to see SACFC v Cambridge United. Great atmosphere, best i've seen down there probably ever, Cambridge brought 780 fans with them, 1916 total att. They were the better side but we held our own to a certain extent & pulled off a respectable 0-0 draw. Unbeaten in 2 games & were top of the league after the 1st game away win at Kidderminster.

Not the best start for Halifax so far, how many do you think you'll bring down to St.Albans at the end of January?

DJT75 said:
I dismissed Halifax straight away, thought their badge was something completely different. There's me searching Hitchen Town, Huddlesfield etc...:rolleyes:

Well then, it's not Scottish football but it's far from Premiership.

My local team St.Albans City (31 years man & boy) are now with the big guns like Halifax in the Conference. I went on Tuesday night to see SACFC v Cambridge United. Great atmosphere, best i've seen down there probably ever, Cambridge brought 780 fans with them, 1916 total att. They were the better side but we held our own to a certain extent & pulled off a respectable 0-0 draw. Unbeaten in 2 games & were top of the league after the 1st game away win at Kidderminster.

Not the best start for Halifax so far, how many do you think you'll bring down to St.Albans at the end of January?
The actual badge is below, but trying to get that <2.0kb and 50x50 or less is not worth it.

logo_halifax_town_270.gif

St Albans eh... 25 years a Town fan for me, makes you wonder what I did wrong in a past life! Not the best start for us though, but that's nothing new and its a marathon not a sprint :) Went on Tues night against Southport, good crowd for us 2002, poor compared to Oxford Away last Sat of over 5500! (This is where fans of bigger clubs start laughing usually, cos of the pitiful crowds) Anyway, Tues... shocking performance, but a point is a point and looking forward to a much improved performance against Grays tomorrow.

Must admit, I'm looking forward to your boys coming up to our place in December. What sort of away following do you have? We have a branch of fans called 'Shaymen Down South' who usually make up the bulk of our away support down South, so I reckon we'd have about 200 down there. Jan is never the best month to travel and it all depends how well we're playing. We'll see though, but I'm sure we'll be talking football again before then :smashin:

Come on ye reds died in the wool aberdeen fan here pardon the pun:clap: :clap:

oggy said:
Come on ye reds died in the wool aberdeen fan here pardon the pun:clap: :clap:

Great result last night, well done :D

May as well get this thread going.

Being a Hearts fan I have mixed feelings about this season, on our day we can beat the big(ot) two, Rangers and Celtic as we proved a few weeks back with the help of Neil Lennon we beat Celtic 2-1. However the problem I see this season is lack we don't have the surprise element that we had last season.

Last season we blew most teams away in the first 20/30 minutes of games by fast flowing attacking football and overpowering their midfield, sadly this season so far I have yet to see that happen. Teams now know how to play against us and are happy to sit with 10 men behind the ball and hit on the break. I think again a Cup is our best hope of silverware this season.

Rangers are looking good so far this season and played Hearts off the park on Saturday, they are playing nice football under PLG.

Celtic look good in stages, however I dont think the level of player which Strachan is brining into them are of Celtic standard, time will tell.

I think Rangers will win the league with Hearts and Celtic fighting it out for 2and place.

CFC1 said:
And Hibs?

If they avoid injuries and such like then I would imaging top six, I think losing Riodan and O'Connor will have a big impact on them, as they scored 80 odd goals for them over the past few seasons.

I think Aberdeen will be top 6 as well if they can stop losing silly goals and turn their draws into wins.

Mate, I'm no expert, (far from it) but to me, both Glasgow outfits look to have gone backwards this year and it could be great for yourselves and the league in general.

CFC1 said:
Mate, I'm no expert, (far from it) but to me, both Glasgow outfits look to have gone backwards this year and it could be great for yourselves and the league in general.

I would say Celtic have not improved thier side with the signings they have made, and if they lose Petrov which it looks like they may well do then that will be a huge loss to them. Rangers on the other hand seem to have bought in a few decent players and there is no doubting PLG as a manager.

Hearts really need a big name signing and Romanov needs to put the money up for that, he maintains he wants the SPL in three years and be in the CL on a regular basis, I was at SEK Athen's home match a few weeks back and we got hammered, the 2-1 defeat scoreline flattered us, and I dont hold out much hope for the second leg tonight

shay0 said:
Must admit, I'm looking forward to your boys coming up to our place in December. What sort of away following do you have? We have a branch of fans called 'Shaymen Down South' who usually make up the bulk of our away support down South, so I reckon we'd have about 200 down there. Jan is never the best month to travel and it all depends how well we're playing. We'll see though, but I'm sure we'll be talking football again before then :smashin:

Sorry for taking so long to come back to you on this little off topic subject.

It's really difficult to tell how many fans will travel, apart from a couple of cup games we haven't been in the bigtime so last season's Conference South away following will be no comparison to this seasons. I think 150 or so went to Kidderminster & since them we've only had home games, the first one on a Tuesday night with 1200 home support. I imagine we may get up to 300+ on some games but as far north as Halifax it could be as low as 100. Oxford United is a shame it's on a Friday night because I think loads wold go to that had it been a Saturday.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom