Scottish delivery problems

mikee66

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who's had an email from Apple delaying their delivery?

I'm just outside Kirkcaldy and i've not had one?

I live in Arbroath and we got the same email, delivery will be at a later date because of where we live..... bloody outrageous !!

What was the actual wording? Maybe they are just covering their backs?

You'll get one soon enough. It seems to be affecting all of scotland, rather than just certain regions.

You'll get one soon enough. It seems to be affecting all of scotland, rather than just certain regions.

from what i've seen it's only Dundee and up that are getting the emails so far?

The small print on the order apparently said 'Scotland' in general, there's more info in the dispatch thread.

yeah i know what it said but tbh we see that a lot up here but it only normally means highlands and islands.

I live 30mins from Edinburgh lol i can't see how it would be a problem to deliver here

Yes normally it's just highlands and islands that its there for

I think Apple haven't done their research on areas and we might still get the orders

speaking to apple at the moment

* You are chatting with Kelly M, an Apple Expert

Hi, my name is Kelly M. Welcome to Apple!

Kelly M: Hello.

You: hello

You: my name is Mike

Kelly M: How may I assist you today?

Kelly M: Hi Mike.

You: I have an i4 on preorder for delivery on thursday

You: is it true that no iphones will be delivered in scotland on thursday?

Kelly M: That's not anything I've been made aware of, no.

You: just that a few guys on the forums have had an email today

You: 2secs i'll copy it

You: Thank you for purchasing the new Apple iPhone 4. We are currently preparing your Order for shipment. Your delivery address is in an area where our carrier transit times are slightly longer. We expect to deliver your Order after the 24th June. You will receive a Shipment Notification when your Order is dispatched, which will provide you with more specific tracking information.

#

One moment while I research that for you.
#

You: thanks Kelly

#

Kelly M: You're welcome.
#

Kelly M: If you haven't received one of those emails yourself regarding your order status, then you wouldn't need to worry about it.
#

You: would i have had one by now then?
#

Kelly M: I'd expect so, but just keep an eye out in the meantime.
#

You: thankyou
#

Last edited:
So from the looks of it maybe it's only people not serviced by Glasgow or Edinburgh are affected?

So if this is delayed, we might even get our orders a day later which is Friday...or at the latest Monday

Not that bothered really lol as long as it comes within those days lol

I am. I'm off to Egypt on Friday. I'm not taking my poxy W810i on the plane:blush:

Well I've got one reserved in Glasgow So worst case scenario I'll just go there but I'd rather not :(

@ Mike

I have just spoke to Apple Chat, here is what they said:

You are chatting with Kelly M, an Apple Expert

Hi, my name is Kelly M. Welcome to Apple!

Kelly M: Hello.

Kelly M: How may I assist you today?

You: I have 2 phones on order in Scotland and just received an email saying they will be delivered at a later date

You: I also have 2 phones reserved in an apple store in Aberdeen on the Thursday

You: Now if I buy the reservations can I cancel the pre order?

Kelly M: You're welcome to do so, if you'd like, yes.

You: So if I buy the reservations on Thursday and then call Apple afterwards to cancel this - will this be ok?

You: I don't want to cancel it just now tho :)

You: I will just wait till the day

Kelly M: Yes, you can do that.

You: and I wont get charged?

You: still for the pre ordered phones

You: ?

Kelly M: That's correct.

You: do you know why Scotand was set as a far distance for the couriers to deliver too?

You: it ins't the highlands

Kelly M: That's not information I have, I'm afraid. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

You: ok thanks Kelly,

Tbh I think they are just covering their backs. I can't see the couriers having a problem delivering to anywhere south of Aberdeen.

There must be a fair few people reserving in more than one place - I've a feeling there is going to be more stock than reservations nation wide

Well mine has been dispatched so i guess it's only Dundee and up that have delivery issues :(

I stay in Aberdeen and got the delayed delivery email. I checked the online status and it reads - dispatched on 23 June and expected deliver date 25 June (subject to change) should hopefully get it on the Friday!

I'd think most people in non remote areas of Scotland can expect delivery tomorrow, the couriers manage next day deliveries at all other times so there is no reason why they cannot now. I think Apple are just playing it safe.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom