1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish AV Show... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Oct 8, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else been at Show and thoughts?

It's the worst show I've ever been too - the only thing that perked up my day was the excellent rooms Joe and Gordon presented! I love looking at the ins and outs of the calibration stuff and it really does make a difference. Looking at the 17000 quid projector of theirs and it's picture was pretty interesting too! I walked away realising that I needed someone to configure my stuff for me!

Till now I don't understand why I paid for a ticket. You got a sticker and a couple magazines with it but basically anyone could just turn up and get in free as the show was in essentially a bunch of hotel and conference rooms so you could freely wander from a to b - easily!

There's a bit more chatter in the Shows and Events forum but just wanted to warn anyone else that paying for a "ticket" is not necessary, and the show being free, then that's okay then. Most the originally schedules show people I don't even think turned up!

2. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't actually make the show even though I work across the road from the dam place it was being held in I totally forgot about it. What did you think of the hotel then? smart eh! we had our Xmas party in it 2 years ago and I in a drunken state somehow ended up acquiring the salt & pepper thingys from the dinner table - :devil: