Scotrail No Ticket - Don't mess with the big man

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotokan101

Suspended
Serves you right Andy! :devil:

HelloMoto

I get the feeling that ticket inspector and fat guy wouldn't have intervened if it was a skinhead or someone a lot bigger than a skinny kid.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
I get the feeling that ticket inspector and fat guy wouldn't have intervened if it was a skinhead or someone a lot bigger than a skinny kid.

Maybe - but he was a little weasel and got what he deserved!! And if I was on that train I would have done the same.

In this now crazy, PC gone mad, world where the rules are more for these kind of Muppets ,people are not willing to do anything for fear of prosecution, nowt to do with skinheads or fat dudes. I was always taught to hit 1st (in the right situation) ask questions later by my father, who was brought up in Glasgow like all my family, and I still use that same self rule today as does my son and no doubt his son Jack who is only 4 months old. It doesn't mean we are like this idiot, it means we stand up for what's right and the guy in this situation did just that and good on him. I think the applause at the end only underlines the point I'm making too. :lesson::beer:

icemanonline

HelloMoto

Maybe - but he was a little weasel and got what he deserved!! And if I was on that train I would have done the same.

In this now crazy, PC gone mad, world where the rules are more for these kind of Muppets ,people are not willing to do anything for fear of prosecution, nowt to do with skinheads or fat dudes. I was always taught to hit 1st (in the right situation) ask questions later by my father, who was brought up in Glasgow like all my family, and I still use that same self rule today as does my son and no doubt his son Jack who is only 4 months old. It doesn't mean we are like this idiot, it means we stand up for what's right and the guy in this situation did just that and good on him. I think the applause at the end only underlines the point I'm making too. :lesson::beer:

icemanonline

I'm from Glasgow and get the train daily to and from there, and this happens from time to time, but the inspector usually mutters and moves on. If you'd be willing to risk a stabbing over a £3 quid bit of paper then more power to you.

RajP

Distinguished Member
I'm from Glasgow and get the train daily to and from there, and this happens from time to time, but the inspector usually mutters and moves on. If you'd be willing to risk a stabbing over a £3 quid bit of paper then more power to you.

Agreed but it is also a balancing act of moral values and having to worry about some scumbag who may be carrying a knife... what is amazing is that there is only 1 person who is willing to take action in this case.. its only after what he has done that the rest of the carriage claps him... what were they all doing while that idiot was arguing with the inspector?

icemanonline

Distinguished Member

Yeah, Principle mate!! Why should these dumbasses get away with not paying? I use a car and cringe at the cost of fuel but it don't mean I drive in and fill the car with fuel and the guy behind the till just mutters :eek: Cos he might get a kick-in........... Its only £50 say, is that worth a good hiding or beating cos he dare to confront me? Its the same thing.

Na, that little tart got what was deserved and good on the guy who did that. I would too.

icemanonline

HelloMoto

Agreed but it is also a balancing act of moral values and having to worry about some scumbag who may be carrying a knife... what is amazing is that there is only 1 person who is willing to take action in this case.. its only after what he has done that the rest of the carriage claps him... what were they all doing while that idiot was arguing with the inspector?

Dealing with Scotrail on an almost daily basis they do seem to employ some of the thickest people alive. I don't know what their entrance exam is like, but it can't consist of asking them how to work out to giving correct change from a £10 note based on my experiences.

I'd have no qualms in having the big man up on assault charges, he was out of order.

Yeah, Principle mate!! Why should these dumbasses get away with not paying? I use a car and cringe at the cost of fuel but it don't mean I drive in and fill the car with fuel and the guy behind the till just mutters :eek: Cos he might get a kick-in........... Its only £50 say, is that worth a good hiding or beating cos he dare to confront me? Its the same thing.

Na, that little tart got what was deserved and good on the guy who did that. I would too.

icemanonline

The police can easily catch you with your number plate on CCTV the same as the inspector can easily radio ahead to the next station to have the transport police there. Taking the law into your own hands isn't on.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Dealing with Scotrail on an almost daily basis they do seem to employ some of the thickest people alive. I don't know what their entrance exam is like, but it can't consist of asking them how to work out to giving correct change from a £10 note based on my experiences.

I'd have no qualms in having the big man up on assault charges, he was out of order.

The police can easily catch you with your number plate on CCTV the same as the inspector can easily radio ahead to the next station to have the transport police there. Taking the law into your own hands isn't on.

When needed it is. You would let someone break into your house at night and you would just sit there and do nothing!! Rubbish. Same thing............and the police are never ever there anyway, don't have the proper man force. Taking the law into your own hands in not for every situation but in this case I think it was and the big guy was well justified to do what he did.......End

icemanonline

icemanonline

HelloMoto

When needed it is. You would let someone break into your house at night and you would just sit there and do nothing!! Rubbish. Same thing............and the police are never ever there anyway, don't have the proper man force. Taking the law into your own hands in not for every situation but in this case I think it was and the big guy was well justified to do what he did.......End

icemanonline

icemanonline

If someone broke in and wanted to steal stuff I'm insured anyway, I'm not going to start brawling with them and end up on a mortuary slab or up on a manslaughter charge for some trinkets. Imagine being seriously disfigured or killed over a PS3 getting nicked, you'd have to be stupid not brave.

danjama

So just turn the other cheek? Be the nice guy who looks on, while the bastards get whatever they want?

Nah.

With iceman on this one. It's time the decent people of this nation stood up for themselves, since the courts and police continuously let us down.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
If someone broke in and wanted to steal stuff I'm insured anyway, I'm not going to start brawling with them and end up on a mortuary slab or up on a manslaughter charge for some trinkets. Imagine being seriously disfigured or killed over a PS3 getting nicked, you'd have to be stupid not brave.

Ok Ok......:laugh: So you think standing up for your stuff in your house and the protection of your family and all you work and live for is being STUPID?

So just to confirm........................you would stand there and let some scum bag walk into your house and do nothing, and God knows what else to your family, and really hope that never happens to you or anybody else, and still you would not lift a hand or defend them and your stuff? You would prefer to take a back seat and let the police and insurance companies do their thing......... take months and in the meantime your stuff has gone your house invaded and god forbid the UN-thinkable and yet you still chose to do nothing to defend yours?? Really!! :eek:

Nothing really I can say to that is there...............You are entitled to your opinion and I do honour that but I would be doing the complete opposite and at least make them think twice. And my wife has just added, even she would defend what's her's and our house e.c.t.

Oh Well :rolleyes:

icemanonline

Jammyb

Novice Member
Does your wife have any thoughts on capital punishment or the pros and cons of UV filters as lens protection?

I'm against both but understand there's good arguments and strongly held opinion on both sides.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Does your wife have any thoughts on capital punishment or the pros and cons of UV filters as lens protection?

I'm against both but understand there's good arguments and strongly held opinion on both sides.

My wife rules bud............with an iron fist!! :laugh: I love it. :devil:

icemanonline

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review

Latest News

LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published