Scotland staying in the EU?

Saw my ex wife last week, she definitely looks like a Norman these days

13 less leave MPs in the HOC and the current government 'majority' down to around -35 (or less). Are you forgetting there are 13 Conservative MPs in the HOC who represent seats in Scotland....

I'm struggling to find any of those 13 who supported Brexit - perhaps you can help?

I'm struggling to find any of those 13 who supported Brexit - perhaps you can help?
Did you actually look? Off the top of my head Andrew Bowie, Bill Grant, Alister Jack, Paul Masterton and David Mundell all voted for the May deal. I suspect others did as well. Whilst Lamont, Ross and Thomson did not because it wasn't Brexity enough.

Did you actually look? Off the top of my head Andrew Bowie, Bill Grant, Alister Jack, Paul Masterton and David Mundell all voted for the May deal.

As I said - I'm struggling to find any that support Brexit. :smashin:

"It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?" :(
Avforums is substituting *** for three letters in the link as it is censoring the letters f and s along with another one of the first letter :( It is even doing this when the link URL is not shown as below. :facepalm:

Click the link and then change these *** in the URL for a well known three letter phrase or saying.
scottish-mps-and-the-brexit-votes

Last edited:
I had assumed that the Conservatives would be much better off in an HoC that did not include Scotland - so should be in favour of Scottish independence from a perspective of having a higher proportion of Conservative MPs.

However, looking at the numbers an Independent Scotland would not actually give the Conservatives as much of a boost as I had thought.

At the moment the Conservatives have 288 seats out of 650 - 44.3%. If Scotland were independent then the HoC would lose the 59 Scottish MPs. The Conservatives, who have 13 Scottish MPs would then have 275 seats out of 591 - 46.5%. Only a 2.2% increase in their proportion of parliament.

Although with the current parliamentary arithmetic 2.2% would make a big difference - that would be equivalent to Boris having 14 more MPs.

I bet Boris would give anything (I am certain that he would happily sell his brother and sister :) ) to have 14 extra Conservative MPs.

No argument here.

Mwah ha ha!

I bet Boris would give anything (I am certain that he would happily sell his brother and sister :) ) to have 14 extra Conservative MPs.
Don't know, he did just recently kick 21 conservative mps out of the party without so much as a 'now you know where we are, don't be a stranger'

FireShot Capture 145 - Watch The Fisher King For Free On 123_ - https___gomovies.tech_film_the...png

Instead it was 'my way or the highway' and

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more
What'd you say?

If Scotland stays in the EU will the French and Germans be happy to bail them out like they do Greece and Portugal et all.

Suits me.

Maybe its just me but i find it no big deal if Scotland (or Wales, NI, England!) want to be independent.

As long as they can all be grown up about it, (so no getting passports out at the border, for example, so i can continue (easily) to visit Wales/Scotland several times a year) and sensible, it’ll just be that everyone has their own parliament, deciding its own tax rules etc.

So, England can have a fair and progressive tax system, encouraging peeps to work, whilst Scotland can have a 90% higher rate tax code to fund all the freebies that they like to dish out like confetti.

Simples.

Yeh, we could even direct our aid budget to Wales/Scotland when shit hits their fans.

I find the whole SNP so hypocritical,on one hand Brexit bad for UK,while looking independance to not be part of the UK.
The only reason they want Brexit to fail is to assist in their bid for independance so that there are no requirements for border checks free movement into England and any money handouts they can grab.If their independance referendum had a majority like the Brexit referendum,do you honestly think they would want to hold another,or scrap it completely,NOT A CHANCE.Waken up people of Scotland and see the SNP for what they are.
Yeh, we could even direct our aid budget to Wales/Scotland when sh*t hits their fans.

Thanks for that stunning insight into the SNP's position, if i were you i wouldn't stray too far from the phone, i can only imagine the UN will be in touch shortly for your take on the current Turkey / Syria situation....... ;)

Thanks for that stunning insight into the SNP's position, if i were you i wouldn't stray too far from the phone, i can only imagine the UN will be in touch shortly for your take on the current Turkey / Syria situation....... ;)

So you agree with his opinion?

So you agree with his opinion?
At the moment i prefer to concentrate on the good for our country,people here and the opposition parties complain of austerity,foodbanks,lack of housing etc.and yet migrants try numerous times spending hundreds of pounds and risking their lives to get here,so cannot be that bad a place.If i was in there position and fleeing their dangerous situation would i not just stay in the first safe country i entered,NO i would travel yet more hundreds of miles spending more money putting my life at further risk just to get to the only country where i will get priority medical,housing and benefit help ahead of the countries national people.Just a thought.

Plus there will always be more coming.
Some leave, there is space so it gets filled up again.
They aren't bad people, they just act the way a lot of people would.

Not saying they are all bad people,anyone notice its majority male,how do they pay their apple mobile accounts and where do they get phones charged.I do not class myself as racist but feel our own people and welfare take priority no matter what colour or religious belief WE are UK citizens come first.

Not saying they are all bad people,anyone notice its majority male,how do they pay their apple mobile accounts and where do they get phones charged. .I do not class myself as racist but feel our own people and welfare take priority no matter what colour or religious belief WE are UK citizens come first.

And there it is......:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom