Scotland staying in the EU?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member

Over by there

They been employing Abbot for the oil prices again?

John Nicolson (SNP dude) was on This Week and asked that if they got a yes for independence, would that be the end. He said yes, cos they would have won. And didn't see the point of the question for a moment.

D

Deleted member 13294

They been employing Abbot for the oil prices again?

John Nicolson (SNP dude) was on This Week and asked that if they got a yes for independence, would that be the end. He said yes, cos they would have won. And didn't see the point of the question for a moment.
Yes I saw that. Portillo did him like a kipper.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Scotland would have to pay for a new wall to be built, Hadrian's is too far south.

ashenfie

Just think on the bright side we would get Duty free every time will cross the boarder

nheather

Distinguished Member
Let’s just give them another vote and let them get on with it, the sooner the better, why wait two years, why wait to see what happens with Brexit.

Cheers,

Nigel

Over by there

Just think on the bright side we would get Duty free every time will cross the boarder
Both ways? Could be some interesting booze cruises. Get stuck in a loop and spending years on one booze cruise.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Let’s just give them another vote and let them get on with it, the sooner the better, why wait two years, why wait to see what happens with Brexit.

Cheers,

Nigel
The point is they would have to join as a new nation and the EU is unlikely to look at that unless they will be a net contributor.

Over by there

I bet the EU will bend the rules. We have angered the gravy train god and it wants revenge.

Edit. Damed spill checjer

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Scotland can pay for the hard border.
I can see it now, Scotch whisky and haggis smuggling.
They will bend the rules if it is in their interests.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
On the other hand do they want Wee Krankie?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Are any of the contributors on this thread actually resident in Scotland at present or is this just some non-Scottish posters letting off steam?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I started the thread because Nicola Sturgeon seems to spend a lot of time on this.
You could invite some Scottish members.

Over by there

It has cropped up in recent days. It appears to be the SNP attempt to do something or have some leverage over Brexit. I expect once HMS May was officially dead in the water SNP started to stoke the fires.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Sturgeon and the SNP have become a single policy party,

They care about nothing else. Services are going down to the toilet, oil crashed, education is a constant mess....... who cares?

Let's have another referendum.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
It has cropped up in recent days. It appears to be the SNP attempt to do something or have some leverage over Brexit. I expect once HMS May was officially dead in the water SNP started to stoke the fires.
Theresa May didn't want to be PM in the long term, it's that she was the moderate option.

springtide

Distinguished Member
The SNP lead the YouGov poll with 38 per cent of the forecast vote share, with the Brexit Party in second place on 20 per cent, followed by the Scottish Greens, who are looking to win their first MEP. Labour are polling just 10 per cent support, the same as the Scottish Conservatives.

YouGov found that 22 per cent of Labour’s 2017 voters are planning to vote Liberal Democrat at the European elections and 17 per cent will go for the Greens.

Where Labour are losing their vote, three votes are going to pro-Remain parties for every vote that goes to a pro-Brexit party.

Meanwhile, a Panelbase poll found the Brexit Party would win eight MSPs in a Scottish Parliament election, while an Opinium poll found that Mr Farage’s party would take 24 per cent of the vote in a UK general election, more than the Tories on 22 per cent.

--
So still an overwhelmingly remain.

BobbyMac

Banned
Are any of the contributors on this thread actually resident in Scotland at present or is this just some non-Scottish posters letting off steam?
Just the usual unfunny unoriginal patter from the Nigels of the board, more to be pitied than to be scolded tbf

BobbyMac

Banned
Sturgeon and the SNP have become a single policy party,

They care about nothing else. Services are going down to the toilet, oil crashed, education is a constant mess....... who cares?

Let's have another referendum.
Do you live in Scotland?

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Just fund it.

springtide

Distinguished Member
Silly question and what has that got to do with it?

The SNP have a great many MPs in Westminster and their votes effect us all.
I believe this question was asked since this is about Scotland leaving the UK (and joining the EU) which would be voted by the people of Scotland.

i.e. it's a Scottish decision that is if another vote is granted/wanted/needed/../..

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
I’m living in the UK, and have lived in 17 different countries, am Dutch but with a welsh bloodline. When I have an opinion I’ll voice it. Whether you agree or not is entirely your decision.

Trending threads

Latest news

Amazon Music free tier now available on mobile platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh adds C53 and C2700 to its Roon Tested products
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mission launches flagship ZX speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What is Contrast Modulation?