ScLx 83

renegade15

Novice Member
Hi all, need a bit of advice please. My 10 year old pioneer amp seems to have lost the left surround speaker output. When connected I get no sound just crackling.
I have tried the cable & speaker connected to another output & all is ok. I have had a look at the terminals & all seems ok.
Any ideas what it could be or what to look for ? Is it possible that just one output could be blown ?.
Next question ! It is old now ..is it worth fixing or is it time to purchase a new one. This was an expensive piece of kit a few years ago so god knows what the equivalent is now !!
Many thanks for any ideas ..much appreciated.

gibbsy

Could be a simple fix with a solder giving up the ghost on the inside of the binding post. If you're brave then you could open the unit up and have a look. Not something I'd consider because I'm ham fisted. I have used a local repair service on a couple of occasions but they do charge an inspection fee.

renegade15

Novice Member
Could be a simple fix with a solder giving up the ghost on the inside of the binding post. If you're brave then you could open the unit up and have a look. Not something I'd consider because I'm ham fisted. I have used a local repair service on a couple of occasions but they do charge an inspection fee.
Thank you.
I'm not that brave !!
Will start looking for a local engineer.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom