1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scissor Sisters and Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by stevegreen, Jun 14, 2005.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Just heard that terrible redition of Comfortably Numb by the Scissor Sisters and now they are talking about them doing a joint effort with Pink Floyd at Live8.

This has to be one of the very worst cover versions I have ever heard, it takes nothing but the lyrics from the original and loses all of the feeling which was so strong in the Pink Floyd original.

Does anybody actually like this record??? and I wonder if those that do have actually heard just how powerful the original is?

2. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I think the best covers give a different spin on the original, almost creating a new song eg:-

Joe Cocker - a little help from my friends
    sinead o'connor - nothing compares 2 u
    the Byrds - (just name any song!)

This is what the scissor sisters have done, I think it is good in a 'new song' way, but cannot be compared to the original which is simply sublime.

I've not heared the live 8 collaboration rumour, but it doesn't sound good.
    :thumbsdow

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I mainly listen to punk/metal but I think it's a fantastic cover. They've made it their own which is great. Not sure how a joint efforts gonna work though!