1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Science And The Swastika

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by bowenjones, Aug 11, 2004.

1. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +434
    This is being released on dvd on Sept. 13th.
    The reason I'm posting on this forum is because the promotional details
    state that it's a Channel 4 production.
    Did I miss it?
    If so, has anyone seen it because it looks fascinating.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,007
    I do not know what the program is about but the swastika is probably the oldest religious symbol there is, unfortunately it has other meanings these days.

3. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Perhaps I should have posted the programme's details.
    Here they are....

DD Video will release Channel 4's Science & The Swastika, fully uncut, on 13th September. It looks at the behaviour of scientists and doctors of the Third Reich - and the countless atrocities they committed in the name of science. This comes with a 4:3 fullframe transfer, Dolby Digital Stereo soundtrack and an RRP of £16.99.

When the Nazis took over Germany, German science was already the best in the world. Then, freed from moral responsibility, German scientists began to indulge in dark new areas of science. Their discoveries have had a profound effect on our world today. Our science is partly based on their legacy - but at what price? This chilling Channel 4 programme reveals how ordinary doctors changed from serving the people to serving 'the greater good of the Aryan people' and were empowered to sterilise the unworthy. When they were given the power to murder mentally ill children, only four doctors protested. From there, it was just a short step to the mentality of the death camp.

Science & The Swastika also looks at the horrors of staged plane crashes, just to determine the injuries inflicted on prisoners, and examines the deep moral truths behind the Nazi nuclear bomb project. It raises serious and troubling questions about our understanding of science itself and the moral responsibilities of scientists who may put knowledge before human suffering.