1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sci-Fi fans - please read!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 14, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Channel Five are treating Sci-Fi fans with some respect! Not only have they started repeating the brilliant 60's show "The Invaders" every Saturday night/Sunday morning, around 4:20am, but they are now also showing the "Alien Nation" TV movies.

They have already shown "AN: The Udara Legacy" about 2 weeks ago, on a Sunday lunchtime (uncut, I might add), and "AN: Body And Soul" (uncut) on Monday of this week. However, "AN: Millennium" (uncut) is being shown on Monday 19th July at 3:40-5:30pm.

The rights to all of the Alien Nation TV films expires at the end of this month, hence they are showing them very quickly, before they loose the chance to show them at all.

Also, their is the "Battlestar: Galactica" spin-off show/movie "Galactica Discovers Earth" on Sunday afternoon (18th July) between 3:20-5:50pm! I know it's supposed to be a bit pants, but at least you can get to see it.

Oh, and "Lexx" Season 4, is on late-night Mondays, around Midnight, as well.

Pooch

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    It was called gallaticca 1980 and the first show was quite good. It was a two or three parter and then edited into a movie. the show was cancelled half way through because after the fist episodes it did get a bit pants like you said

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    the original Galactica series was bad enough, but once they got down to earth and got on their flying motorbikes... :rolleyes: :laugh:

I remember seeing the Galactica Discovers Earth thing at the cinema :suicide:

4. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Was The Invaders on this week as my Sky Plus series link did not pick it up.............it got the pilot last week though?

Dave

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    White Swan,

Yes, it was on this week! Looks like Sky+ messed-up yur recording.

Pooch

6. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not that I like any of those sci-fi series anyway but Channel 5 have got into a bad habit of mistreating sci-fi/cult programming, Angel and Alias have both been put in to the graveyard slot. Sometimes I wonder why they bother buying the rights to first run terrestrial showings only to put them as such ridiculous times .