1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCHT1500 - Sky volume control

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Chriswc, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Chriswc

Chriswc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick one but one which is very frustrating!
    I have my SCHT1500 connected up fine with Sky and into my Pan TX32PG50 but I cannot get the Sky remote to control the volume on the SCHT1500 and the boys at Sky were not at all helfull!
    Any ideas on how to do this or do I have to resort to two remotes at all times?

Thank you.

2. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would imagine so - i've just bought a Pioneer DCS-323 system to bung my Sky and DVDs through, and i too am currently doing the remote juggling trick.

Perhaps an all-in-one remote might help - apparently the One4All Kameleon remotes have a volume control that can be designated to one device in a Home Cinema setup (so, it would turn the volume up on your surround system, say, but not your tv at the same time, no matter what device was currently selected by the remote).

This is all hearsay, tho, so maybe a bit of an investigation is in order?

Still, tho, just to let u know you're not alone in this quest :)

3. Petrushka

Petrushka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That's right. I use a OneforAll URC 7562. It has a "Home Theatre" button that switches the buttons to some logical combinations. I.e. the teletext buttons operate the TV, the play/stop/rewind buttons operate the vidoerecorder (or whatever you have) and the volumebutton operate my audiokit.

A couple of predefined combinations are selectable. If you want full freedom in setting up your device then you'll soon be buying a remote for GBP 150 or more (like e.g. a Kameleon).

4. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kewwl - i was actually looking at that remote the other day, thinking it might serve my needs, but i managed to pick up a Mosaic w/battery and charger off EBay for £38, so i'm gonna have a good play with that when it turns up (doubt it'll control my Tosh dvd recorder without much hassle, tho).

I'll report back if things turn out well, as there's a good few being sold on EBay these days....